Pigeon Shooting

Lazurus

The revocation to be honest made little difference. Applied for about 5 individual licences to control Pigeons, Crows, Rooks and Jackdaws,  never heard a thing back so I used the exemption in the Act and carried on as normal, so was I able to continue protecting crops and wildlife.

Then this Friday an individual licence - 'Preventing serious damage' licence turned up, that allows me to control Crows, Rooks and Jackdaws until the end of 2019.

So I am very happy with that aspect of the shambles.

27 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

The revocation to be honest made little difference. Applied for about 5 individual licences to control Pigeons, Crows, Rooks and Jackdaws,  never heard a thing back so I used the exemption in the Act and carried on as normal, so was I able to continue protecting crops and wildlife.

Then this Friday an individual licence - 'Preventing serious damage' licence turned up, that allows me to control Crows, Rooks and Jackdaws until the end of 2019.

So I am very happy with that aspect of the shambles.

Well i must congratulate you as your the first person i know of who has either recieved or had conformation that they got your application, well done Sir, i have got to a stage at the moment as i have application in with DEFRA and i have a registeration application in with DVLA every thing with these departments seems to take a lifetime to sort, i think there web address should be www.govslowasfuck.com,

• Haha 2

Well i must congratulate you as your the first person i know of who has either recieved or had conformation that they got your application, well done Sir, i have got to a stage at the moment as i have application in with DEFRA and i have a registeration application in with DVLA every thing with these departments seems to take a lifetime to sort, i think there web address should be www.govslowasfuck.com,

Stop your whining Agnes..... just had a ride through Trough today, you need to get back to your day job rapid! Bloody Rhodies everywhere, never seen as many on a journey! ?
  • Like 1

Same for me, got the license to cover spread of disease, still waiting for the crop license but carrying on - just got a fully moderated hushpower 12b for over the peas, cracking little thing and is sooo much quieter, single shot so it sharpens you up to.

Are you using hushpower cartridges? They function reasonably well in an unmoderated gun being a lot quieter,  but wont cycle in a Browning Maxus. There is not much pleasure in using the Mossberg 3 shot it like a blunderbuss! Bought soley for general vermin control, odd magpies, crows Jays etc, not crop protection.

1 hour ago, Ratman said:

Stop your whining Agnes..... just had a ride through Trough today, you need to get back to your day job rapid! Bloody Rhodies everywhere, never seen as many on a journey! ?

on a big 8" bich job at the moment so not got time for rodeys, ?, got 10-12 trees to get down and stacked tomorrow,

• Like 1

No 30g no 6`s, the moderator on the single barrel is far longer than on the Mossberg and similar so offers far more suppression, thought I would struggle not having that extra shot but it has improved my shooting no end, I also choose my birds more sensibly and one shot one kill, averaged 1.5 to one last night with a bag of 30 + from bale hide on the flight line, no decoys.

55 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

No 30g no 6`s, the moderator on the single barrel is far longer than on the Mossberg and similar so offers far more suppression, thought I would struggle not having that extra shot but it has improved my shooting no end, I also choose my birds more sensibly and one shot one kill, averaged 1.5 to one last night with a bag of 30 + from bale hide on the flight line, no decoys.

Good to hear of others protecting the crops and feeding the family. Canada goose tonight, an acquired taste buy with some decent gravy I like it and well fed on a Farmer's barley, which is exactly where it was controlled., 36G No. 1's this time though.