A.J. Bad day at the office ?

Stubby

Same, was not interested in the slightest. 

His jab ran off and his punch output was shocking. 

Why he he felt the need to keep his hands/guard low against a fast counter puncher is beyond me. 

He he went in for the kill too quick after he dropped him, he should have stayed composed, played the long game and broke him down. 

Question is is will he want and have enough heart to take the rematch?!

To me he was not the same guy who fought klitchco,He looked burned out even in round 1 so either over trained or a couple of the commentators said he had a heavy cold for the last 10 days and that can drain you as we all know.

Edited by topchippyles

I thought he looked ill . He was sluggish . Having said that Ruize was game to say the least . I bet Fury , Wilder , White etc would want a crack at Ruize now !  Quick way to all the straps !

• Like 1

I read somewhere that all AJ said in interviews was he was thinking of the bigger picture...

Biggest mistake to make in the world is to underestimate the person in front of you.

He was already doing the payday sums for a UK super fight with Fury or lineal championship showdown with Wilder.

• Like 1

Agreed. He had no idea what was about to hit him. Very fast.

Rematch, if it's even in there, given the short nature of the re-arranging of the fight, should be good. (Kerching)

Both very accurate hitters.

image.png.efc70c8754425446112246227ca41153.png

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just watched it again (knowing the outcome this time). I’m a big AJ fan - IMO he is the best heavyweight out there (and I’m secretly desperate for him to easily knock that big-mouthed cokehead prat Fury out (to silence him and his bumboy fans forever hopefully)).

Brilliant fight tonight - AJ was poor from the start though. He definitely didn’t appear prepared for Ruiz’s work-rate and power. From the beginning Ruiz took the fight to Joshua. When AJ knocked him down there was no way he expected the recovery from Ruiz, and the massive left was the beginning of the end for Joshua. Nobody has hurt him like that before, and he was literally saved by the bell in the 3rd. After that it was self preservation/running scared/out of his depth (something I doubt he’d trained for basically). 

I’m made up for Ruiz - he appears to be a decent fella who has just had his dreams become reality! Awesome stuff, I hope he gets the chance to really capitalise on it and make a ridiculous amount of money (as there will be movers and shakers in the sport who cash in massively on the back of him). 

Nice poke in the eye for Eddie Hearn too... 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Just watched it again (knowing the outcome this time). I’m a big AJ fan - IMO he is the best heavyweight out there (and I’m secretly desperate for him to easily knock that big-mouthed cokehead prat Fury out (to silence him and his bumboy fans forever hopefully)).

Brilliant fight tonight - AJ was poor from the start though. He definitely didn’t appear prepared for Ruiz’s work-rate and power. From the beginning Ruiz took the fight to Joshua. When AJ knocked him down there was no way he expected the recovery from Ruiz, and the massive left was the beginning of the end for Joshua. Nobody has hurt him like that before, and he was literally saved by the bell in the 3rd. After that it was self preservation/running scared/out of his depth (something I doubt he’d trained for basically). 

I’m made up for Ruiz - he appears to be a decent fella who has just had his dreams become reality! Awesome stuff, I hope he gets the chance to really capitalise on it and make a ridiculous amount of money (as there will be movers and shakers in the sport who cash in massively on the back of him). 

Nice poke in the eye for Eddie Hearn too... 

I reckon Fury would have Joshua.

• Like 1