Which stove - Heart or Head

On 04/06/2019 at 21:46, Alycidon said:

Of the two I as  stove retailer would advise go Ecoburn or Hamlet widescreen,  made in Axminster. all parts UK built,  lifetime casing warranty on Ecoburn.   As a dealer for the above we just never have issues and teh Ecoburn widescreen is my most popular model.   Ecoburn is waiting in a queue to be tested for 2022 compliance,  this is not expected to come through for about 12 months.

The Hamlet does not have the same glass area as the Ecoburn and the casing warranty is 5 (?) years but its significantly cheaper so if the budget wont stretch to the Ecoburn WS then use the Hamlet.

On the Woodford site there is no indication of who owns the business,  nothing on Company Check that I can see either.   I raise that issue as things like grates and baffle plates will need periodic replacement and they are only available from the stove manufacturer.   If that manufacturer has failed you have a scrap stove on your hands.    Very little about manufacturing process or its history,  leads me to believe its a new company buying stoves in from a third party.    

Arada make the Ecoburn and Hamlet range,  in business since 1966, parts when needed are available either direct ( when you pay carriage) of via a dealer when you usually dont.    

A

Thanks you for the advice, much appreciate. 

Today we have been given 2 more choices at the extra cost of £150 for either. These are the ARC Malvern 5 or the Cast Tec Juno 5. We appreciate these are more expensive stoves but our only concern is that both are approximately 10cm shorter in width. 

Any thoughts on these extra choices. 

Thanks. Mike.