Which stove - Heart or Head

We are soon to have a 5kw stove installed and have the choice between 2 models really. 

its a difficult one because both are similar stoves in performance but the 2 have quite a price difference, saying that, the overall price would be the same to us whichever one we choose.

The heart goes for the Hamlet Solution 5 Widescreen - Approx £550 retail. The head say go for the Woodford 5 widescreen - approx £900 retail.

https://www.aradastoves.com/stoves/solution-5-widescreen

https://www.woodfordcollection.co.uk/the-woodford-5-widescreen/

The company buy the woodford in bulk and are able to offer us this for the same package price as the Hamlet. We like the look of the Hamlet better given its more traditional looks but of course the Woodford appears the better stove on paper. The company have been very open and honest with regards to its buying structure and how it choose these 2 stoves for the package. We can of course go for any stove, buy honestly we just cannot afford any more at this time. 

What do you think we should do.

Thanks. Mike. 

Well this is it really. I don't really understand these things properly, but the Woodford is eco 2022 and has been stated as the better, more scientific stove. 

We also don't want something too modern but don't want to sacrifice a much better stove due to look only v

I would try to see them both in action. My experience of stoves is what's on paper does not necessarily match real-world use. Our stove was good on paper but poor in reality. Dad has a Burley that's supposedly the bee's knees but is a PITA to use. The best and cleanest stove I have used is a Woodwarm that was designed before a lot of latest regs.

We were looking at fitting a clearview around that size (of which I have plenty of experience, own 2 others and struggle to look beyond) but ended up fitting a Jotul as it looked fantastic (much more modern, which suited the room etc) and was on paper a better performer.

Looks aside, the Jotul is a bit of a disappointment - it’s nowhere near as good as the clearviews for controllability or general ‘burn anything’ness! 

As has been said, try and see both of your choices in action before deciding. 

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

I would try to see them both in action. My experience of stoves is what's on paper does not necessarily match real-world use. Our stove was good on paper but poor in reality. Dad has a Burley that's supposedly the bee's knees but is a PITA to use. The best and cleanest stove I have used is a Woodwarm that was designed before a lot of latest regs.

I find that odd as the Burley is the simplest and easiest stove I have come across . Only 2 controls . The air slide and the door .  

36 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I find that odd as the Burley is the simplest and easiest stove I have come across . Only 2 controls . The air slide and the door .  

It's not the controls just the difficulty lighting and the problems he has had with the flue getting gummed up. Had a chat with some chimney sweeps on a forum and they were not fans of them either. I know yours works for you but our experience has been less than favorable and won't be considering one in the future. Each to their own but I am not a fan

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

It's not the controls just the difficulty lighting and the problems he has had with the flue getting gummed up. Had a chat with some chimney sweeps on a forum and they were not fans of them either. I know yours works for you but our experience has been less than favorable and won't be considering one in the future. Each to their own but I am not a fan

Ok Fair play . I have no problems with flue or lighting . Perhaps there is not enough draw on his chimney ?

Of the two I as  stove retailer would advise go Ecoburn or Hamlet widescreen,  made in Axminster. all parts UK built,  lifetime casing warranty on Ecoburn.   As a dealer for the above we just never have issues and teh Ecoburn widescreen is my most popular model.   Ecoburn is waiting in a queue to be tested for 2022 compliance,  this is not expected to come through for about 12 months.

The Hamlet does not have the same glass area as the Ecoburn and the casing warranty is 5 (?) years but its significantly cheaper so if the budget wont stretch to the Ecoburn WS then use the Hamlet.

On the Woodford site there is no indication of who owns the business,  nothing on Company Check that I can see either.   I raise that issue as things like grates and baffle plates will need periodic replacement and they are only available from the stove manufacturer.   If that manufacturer has failed you have a scrap stove on your hands.    Very little about manufacturing process or its history,  leads me to believe its a new company buying stoves in from a third party.    

Arada make the Ecoburn and Hamlet range,  in business since 1966, parts when needed are available either direct ( when you pay carriage) of via a dealer when you usually dont.    

A