When you've fallen out with your own lot

eggsarascal

11 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Yes, and I'm with you, but this is my brother. He's an arrogant prick, I don't like the fella but we are few and far between. This could be the make or break. I'd rather make.

Feel you (metaphorically speaking ? innit)

Tricky situation - could say:

Dont get leathered, it’ll all go pear shaped, or

Do get leathered, you might all speak more freely...

So to summarise, either get leathered and let it all hang out (this May provide some mitigation if you need to claim not remembering something) or don’t get leathered and see how it goes. 

Hope that helps ??s - sensitive, well considered, compassionate advice not really my strong suit ?

6 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Feel you (metaphorically speaking ? innit)

Tricky situation - could say:

Dont get leathered, it’ll all go pear shaped, or

Do get leathered, you might all speak more freely...

So to summarise, either get leathered and let it all hang out (this May provide some mitigation if you need to claim not remembering something) or don’t get leathered and see how it goes. 

Hope that helps ??s - sensitive, well considered, compassionate advice not really my strong suit ?

Chocolate fire guards spring to mind.

• Haha 1

I have two teenage kids who I have not seen or heard from in over 5 years, they live with their mum less than a mile away - I have tried but ex is a very controlling person - If you can put oil on troubled waters would be good, but sometimes there is nothing you can do, don't do or don't do, anything that you will regret in the future.

If family don't see life the way you do and give you toxic or negativity in all they do, box it up, cast it aside and mix with friends or other family that are like you.

Going through similar and can't wait for the end of it so I can walk away and be happy again!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Not me, my two brothers. I'll start from when it went wrong. Mum died and me and my eldest brother were executors of the Will, it took an age to sort things out, in the meantime our middle brother, ( who's lived abroad) for many years was wanting his money, feck knows why, he ain't short, he accused by eldest brother of having him away, this wasn't the case, and he got his share, mum left a three way split. Now, he's coming over on Friday, apperntly he's been living in Italy for the last Six years. Our kid's family don't want anything to do with him, or his visit, Our Kid will suffer it if we meet on neutral ground. There is no question, I just think it's a sad state of affairs. There ain't many Ellis' left now.

y0ur kNot aloan mR:egg:, seen plenty of this with other families and my own. I started to sort out my affairs a few years ago and everything I have will be given to my kids before I push up daisies. There will be no shitfest when I have gone .

Bod

5 hours ago, Chessa said:

People do, say and think strange things when experiencing life changing events. Also, grief takes different people in so many unexpected and long-term ways. Even if you are open, don't expect everyone else to be. In my experience, folk can keep their feelings or agendas hidden for years or even their whole lives. Tread carefully. You can only do what you believe is the right thing to do, from your own heart.

What do you mean ! ?

If family don't see life the way you do and give you toxic or negativity in all they do, box it up, cast it aside and mix with friends or other family that are like you.
Going through similar and can't wait for the end of it so I can walk away and be happy again!

Just about nailed everything there that i can see coming when my dad passes. I’d happily walk away with nothing me for an easy life, but can see the arguments and excuses from the vultures lining up already [emoji849][emoji849]