Two good Oak trunks available near Warrington

Squaredy

I have spoken to a man near Warrington who has two large Oak trees that are being felled and he wants to sell the stems.  They look pretty straight and have apparently got excellent access.  He has given measurements of 120 inches girth, but not said at what height this was taken.  He has also been told there is 30 tons of usable timber there, in just the main trunks.  I do not believe either of these figures, but they do look like pretty good usable stems, although who knows they could be full of nails...  For what it is worth I think there is no more than 5 tons of milling Oak here, but maybe the photos are misleading?

If anyone is interested in having them, please PM me and I will pass on his contact details.  I do not know how much he is expecting someone to pay for them - that would be up to you to negotiate.  One main stem is apparently 10 metres long and the other 12.  Again I am sceptical but I have only seen the photos here, so it is a little difficult to judge and I have never had dealings with the owner before.

Warrington Oak 1.jpg

Warrington Oak 2.jpg

2 hours ago, Forest2Furniture said:

more like 120cm girth.

I can see this being the oak tree equivalent of "I have a very valuable walnut tree" scenario

Yes I did wonder.  Helpfully there was a third photo I didn't post, which maybe he thinks eliminates any doubt....here it is showing the claimed 40 inch diameter I guess..........!

IMG_1435.JPG