13 stitches and out of work for a few weeks. Thanks silky!

Gardenscape

6 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I have never owned a Silky.

At first I thought using them was were a sign of being a bit ‘light on your feet’ erroneously of course.

Then I used the rationale that as I do mostly TDs I don’t need one.

Lastly, I see the endless photos of cut flesh and think at this stage of my working life it’s not the time to start using them, so I resist.

But I do have a classic topper scar on my inside left forearm, before anyone gets the idea I know what I’m doing.

How the hell do you do decent tree work...OK I shall get my coat... ;) k

Edited by Khriss
Rather nice chablis if you were wondering

I'm back now. I took the stitches out a few days ago. I had 4 stitches in muscle so just getting full movement back now and I can apply pressure. The area around the thumb and index finger still feels strange to touch, has a numbing feeling, maybe will take a bit longer for the nerves to sort themselves out a bit. I am back light climbing but still a bit cautious.  Been just short of 2 weeks so it's gone pretty well.

IMG_20190612_172711_979.jpg

Wow, after googling this the symptoms are exactly what I am getting. I probably did then! ? Timescale on getting feeling back is 2/6weeks. From a single cut all this drama. Frightening to think what a chainsaw would do and recovery time in those cases. Yikes!

You said you took stitches out or did hospital, Physio will help now not in a couple of months.

Last year I cut thought tendon in my thump but just missed nerve put me out of action of 12 weeks  Physio was small movement to start them more intents and have got 95% movement back in it and still gives me pain some days and have been told after another 6 month if i still get pain i will have that for rest of live.