13 stitches and out of work for a few weeks. Thanks silky!

Gardenscape

I real arb would have stuck a plaster on it and finished the job before running off to casualty! :lol:

On the bright side (always look on the bright side) you've no tendon damage and it could of been worse. Flesh heals, you'll mend and get back at it and have now gained an even greater respect for the bloody evil things.

Mend well mate :thumbup1:

• Like 4

Nasty, I once ripped the pad of my left thumb open with my Zubat. I wasn't even climbing, just wanted to show my hand saw to a friend of mine. The saw was new so still a bit sticky in the sheath, it wouldn't come out so I grabbed the sheath above the lip and pulled out the saw and sliced myself open with it. Five stiches, nerve damage and serious embarrassment! Not one of my finest moments.

• Like 3

On 31/05/2019 at 20:49, Dan Maynard said:

Looks nasty, sorry to see that.

I was on a course last week, was told off for not having a second line in when using a silky - "well have you seen how fast it will cut through a rope?" On reflection it's a good point.

A pal of mine tapped his lanyard with a silky, he was just putting in his anchor point so no main line. Went straight through it, he fell ten metres and broke his pelvis and neck, among other things.

Gnarly slice that one. And a ballsy request getting a lot to a&e from the customer with your quest squirting ha

You do wonder if there are stats available for injuries from these handsaws compared to petrol saws.

When I was at college, and when I started working for other firms, we had bowsaws (I know I know, we learnt our knots from cave paintings) and you’d struggle to injure yourself with those!

40 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

You do wonder if there are stats available for injuries from these handsaws compared to petrol saws.

When I was at college, and when I started working for other firms, we had bowsaws (I know I know, we learnt our knots from cave paintings) and you’d struggle to injure yourself with those!

Probably summat like 25-1, or more even.

Struggled to injure yerself with a 21" Sandvik, really? I must have been the 'clumsy' one of the bunch then :/ 

Which caves did you originate from Mick? :D 

Paul

1 hour ago, AA Teccie (Paul) said:

Probably summat like 25-1, or more even.

Struggled to injure yerself with a 21" Sandvik, really? I must have been the 'clumsy' one of the bunch then :/ 

Which caves did you originate from Mick? :D 

Paul

Merrist wood Paul.

Do you mean 25 handsaw injuries to 1 petrol saw?

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I must confess , I have never injured myself on a cave painting .

• Like 1