Stihl 028 Super rebuild

logsIlike

Hi all a couple of years ago I rebuilt my grandad's stihl 021 - It needed a new crank case as, being plastic, the saw had chewed it up. Anyway I learnt a lot rebuilding that saw.

So this year my Uncle passed away :-( and having no family of his own his estate passed to me, my brother and my sister. I've been clearing his house which has been sad. However I was delighted to find in his falling down shed a Stihl 028 super. It looked in great condition and as he was an agricultural engineer I took it home looking forward to trying out.

Imagine my disappointment when I poured the fuel in and it flowed straight out all over my workbench! There was a crack through the tanks seam. I managed to get a replacement tank off a bloke in France (thanks ebay) and with a new fuel line and filter I have rebuilt the saw. I've just given it a pressure test and its showing just over 160psi. However not being an expert I don't know how good this is so please let me know. Thanks in advance.e37690cfa1c6d73470fc8d748c6ae858.jpg155974d41889f168c751cd48e64ea71f.jpg

• Like 1

I've since found a YouTube video of a 028 woodboss compression test and a 160psi is excellent so I am very happy.

As this is and old saw and has probably sat in my uncle's shed for a long time is there anything that you suggest I check is OK