Squirrel Admonishment

Billhook

In Ireland the pine marten is coming back - was endangered for a while but they multiplying again. They are predating on the grey squirrels, as the grey is slower, and as a consequence the red squirrel is also coming back.

They are certainly over as far as Turriff in NE Scotland too. See them regularly squashed or crossing roads up here. Kill chickens too[emoji1304]

13 minutes ago, Big J said:

Visited one of my sites today and loads of very fresh damage to the beech. This tree was 10 inch dbh roughly. Huge areas of bark stripped.

KIMG1109.thumb.jpg.99b7223a6f9851365c0f195c328371d5.jpg

finishing off on that beech clearfell at the moment and the amount of young squirels about is unreal there seems to be more every week counted 11 yesterday crossing the track while we had lunch,

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sammy Squirrel has just created the leaning tower of peanutsa

I thought that he might have broken his teeth when he came across the six inch long Tek bolt

I feel a bit like Donald Trump dealing with Kim.  Yes I could nuke him with a twelve bore but the following YouTube outrage storm would also be nuclear.

Threatening him did no good so it is now a question of whether he is more intelligent than me.

My wife is on his side!

I feel that I need to rig up the cattle electric fencer next 

4BD3CB8B-9460-4A3E-B42B-01DEF69E07C0.jpeg

574DF623-5337-40DF-8C59-1096C1BA9526.jpeg

• Like 1

Fenn trap in a adapted bird box, this particular box will take Magnum body grip traps. Wicked set up and ideal if you don’t want people to know you are trapping. Check traps every 12/24 hours.

1 hour ago, Nikk said:

Fenn trap in a adapted bird box, this particular box will take Magnum body grip traps. Wicked set up and ideal if you don’t want people to know you are trapping. Check traps every 12/24 hours.

And bait with peanut butter.