M-Tronic Warranty Difficulties

webby1289

Hi all,

Just wondering what your experience has been with claiming warranty repairs on your m-tronic/autotune saws. Reason being, I have a new-ish Stihl 241 (about 6 months old) which had the bar adjustment pin completely shear off. Since this isn't a consumable part I was a tad miffed since I then had to use a 20" 462 on a first thinning job until I could get it fixed. When I took it in and explained the situation, they plugged the saw into their computer and told me that since I had something like 60ish running hours on the saw, the pin shearing off isn't considered a manufacturing defect and billed me for parts and labour. 

Pretty frustrating since I'm all for autotune or m-tronic sort of stuff but if they're going to use it against consumers then that might be enough to make me change my mind. Has this issue affected anyone else? What happened?

Couldn’t you get the part next day from someone like L S Engineers? Can’t be that expensive, surely better to cough up and get back to work than fanny about with a spurious warranty claim?

Also, did you buy the saw from the warranty/local dealer?. May have had a bearing on their willingness to help...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MattyF said:

It would be considered your fault regardless I think.. they don’t break unless they are incorrectly fitted with wrongly adjusting bars.
Sorry that’s probably not what you want to hear.

Yup, loose bar nuts is the normal reason for failure

Bar adjuster shears after 60 hrs = crap part. After buying new saw then billing you fr a simple part = shit dealer who don't give toss abt customer. If they were selling cars on this basis they would go bust. VW lies to customers n fakes emmissions data n their guys doing time now. K

• Like 1