Trapped nerve any one ?

Stubby

On 26/05/2019 at 07:47, Stubby said:

Got to about 11:00 am and the pain going down my arm was bonkers . Missus took me to A+E . By now it had spread to both arms and shoulders , backs of hands . given Oramorph , Neproxen and Paracetamol . Lost all movement in left hand and numb down both arms .   No sleep , just walking the house . Eventually the horrendous pain subsided movement returned to hand and I am left with sharp electric like shocks down arms into back of hands and across shoulders , hips , bum cheeks and down one leg if I make any " extreem " movements . E.G. putting on a T shirt sets it off . It lasts for a few seconds . It a bastard .

Had something similar about 20 years ago. Turned out it was a trapped muscle somewhere around the back of a shoulder blade. My wife who went with me for my first Osteopath experience could see the physical problem once the expert pointed it out. Before being pushed to go there I had no sleep for three days and both arms numb and back in excruciating pain. One wrench from the good Osteopath and instant relief. He literally lifted me up by making me hold my arms straight down. He then dropped me, but caught me before my legs touched the ground. He was a big lad. The weight of my body dropping and stopping suddenly was seemingly was enough to reverse the issue. Took a bit of trust though, as you need to relax your body while keeping your arms stiff enough to support your weight, but best £50 I ever spent! I reckon Jesus must have been an earlier practitioner. It still occasionally still comes back to haunt me if I over do the lifting with a poor posture. 

About ten years ago we moved further north, and I've since struggled to find someone who is strong enough to successfully do the solution. They all know what to do, but few around here have the beans necessary. Personally I wouldn't bother with a Chiropractor and the falling table trick as it just tickles the issue rather than what's required.    

Hope it's something similar, and that you get sorted

Edited by Baldbloke
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok . Had MRI scan and saw Consultant ( Jason Harvey ) today , It seems I have some , 3 or 4 , maybe 5 compressed disks in my neck . The result is there is not sufficient room for the nerves to pass through . This could be due to my bike accident in 2003 or the odd bit of conifer dropping on my swede in the past , who knows ? .  He said to give it anothe 3 weeks and then review . I could have an opp or an injection ( hydro cortisone  )   or tablets or do nothing . Wait and see .  He said the funny voice was nothing to do with it and if that persists I will have to see someone else about that !

30 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Ok . Had MRI scan and saw Consultant ( Jason Harvey ) today , It seems I have some , 3 or 4 , maybe 5 compressed disks in my neck . The result is there is not sufficient room for the nerves to pass through . This could be due to my bike accident in 2003 or the odd bit of conifer dropping on my swede in the past , who knows ? .  He said to give it anothe 3 weeks and then review . I could have an opp or an injection ( hydro cortisone  )   or tablets or do nothing . Wait and see .  He said the funny voice was nothing to do with it and if that persists I will have to see someone else about that !

Bloody hell not good news then really what route you gonna go down then stubby,maybe try the injection?

1 minute ago, gary112 said:

Bloody hell not good news then really what route you gonna go down then stubby,maybe try the injection?

Well I kinda think its good news as now I have a reason for it !  Every day it gets a little better , certainly not like those first 2 or 3 days when I truly did not know what to do with my self .  So , I am gonna see were we are in 3 weeks time and review it then .

• Like 2