Trapped nerve any one ?

Stubby

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

Yep I too wondered if it might be a virus . My brother had Guillain Barre and had to learn to walk again . I did not witness it as he lives in Aus .  All the above is in hand . Seen GP twice , seen physio ( they agreed nerve damage but could not pin point the source ) .  seeing a spine consultant on Wednesday as my GP thinks it might be a disk in my neck ...

Good that they're putting something in hand quickly, good luck.

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

Yep I too wondered if it might be a virus . My brother had Guillain Barre and had to learn to walk again . I did not witness it as he lives in Aus .  All the above is in hand . Seen GP twice , seen physio ( they agreed nerve damage but could not pin point the source ) .  seeing a spine consultant on Wednesday as my GP thinks it might be a disk in my neck ...

This is all good.  Fingers crossed that it's a simple fix.

Sorry to hear your the way you are, but i know where your coming from on this issue, had a trapped nerve in my neck about 3 years ago could hardly move my head without being in a load of pain, my right arm always felt cold and could hardly lift any thing with it, after several visits to a physio began to feel a bit better, the worst of it lasted about 2 wks but sorry to say this it was nearly 3 months before i felt as if it was ok, just had to carry on doing bits as best as i could but the first 2-3wk drove me mad as could hardly lift the kettle to brew up, hope your back up and out,n,about soon,,

• Thanks 1

Nasty business. Overworked muscles can exacerbate trapped nerves. A good physio can work wonders.

My old man suffered for years with a trapped nerve in his leg. Finally went to physio, think he had about 5 sessions and it eased immensely, then followed up with one or two a year if he felt it coming back. 

Hope you get it sorted. Its crippling. Remember seeing the old man buckling up with it. Literally brought tears to his eyes.. he was the rock hard no fuss type too. Took a lot to bring him down. 

May be worth checking posture and work position too..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

Sorry to hear this Stubby.

My chiropractor recommended ibuprofen as a painkiller for trapped nerves. IIRC a skeletal maladjustment reduced the gap the nerve passes through and causes inflammation of it. Ibuprofen reduces this inflammation and the pressure on the nerve.

Thanks Gary . I do keep a stock of Ibuprofen but part of the prescription included Naproxin which is like a more " fuck off " Ibuprofen .

• Haha 1