Any one using a hushpower shotgun

Lazurus

This is all the root of the problem

If the ports in the Barrel had been made using spark erosion instead of a mechanical drill,then you could use what wads you liked.

Barrel ports are correctly made on an angle towards the breech so as not to give a "Cheese grater" effect on a passing projectile.

I suppose that Shotgun (looks like a Baikal) will have ports in the barrel all the way to the muzzel and a simple baffel system?

If you do a quantity of shooting,you could invest in your own reloading setup and make your own Carts at a much lesser expense.

Ebay often has a few shotgun reloading presses for sale and components are cheap as chips.

• Like 1

DSCF0019.jpg.f9386df3964306966167a68f045aed30.jpg

15 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

I suppose that Shotgun (looks like a Baikal) will have ports in the barrel all the way to the muzzel and a simple baffel system?

Mine is a Pedretti  and only has muzzle breaks drilled at the muzzle end not all the way down . As I said earlier if you file the burrs off it trues the pattern up . If you don't the pellets get miss shaped as they catch on the burrs and the  pattern is crap . My .410 is full choke I think .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

I bet the sales of moderated shot guns and decent pre charged air rifles have hit a all time high in sales at the moment, i keep thinking about one but time i get there to buy one they will be about 2k each, 

Buy a single barrel shotgun with decent wall thickness and make one youself.

Hi got a cabinate full of shot guns ranging from old hammer guns as far back a 1860 and a new under/over o puchased last sept that i aint shot a box of cartridges through yet, and the only gun i pick up and use is a old battered up Linclon over/under 20g,

Well took it out yesterday and very impressed with the sound suppression, will have a look at the ports and tidy up as required. When I purchased it the RFD said due to the trade embargo with Russia there are no Baikals coming into the country, mine was one of only 6 in the uk, some dealers were doubling the price - I like Baikals as they are made like tanks, and possibly from tanks and are ideal as a rough shoot gun. Anyways main thing is I can hit with it had a couple out to 50 yards so cant be too bad.

• Like 2