Contract Rates

teresa green

I was talking to a mate in the UK the other night.

I asked what his two man rate was?

£450 per day!

That's the same rate the company I worked for in 2001 charged!

You can bet your boots there is a hell of alot more competition there these days too.

So yeah,£200 all day every day I think not.

The little bit of contract climbing that I did in 2002/2003 in London I charged £150 for a Saturday and £200 for a sunday. That was just meet climbing kit and 020.

£150 is the top end in West Wales, usually £100-120 - people don't care how good you are around here, they just care if you break stuff or not!

I've gone back to chippying, £160 a day no questions asked and the work is easier and more rewarding. 

I still plan to do a bit of tree work because it's fun, wasn't quiet the lucrative business I thought it was though!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Mark Wileman said:

£150 is the top end in West Wales, usually £100-120 - people don't care how good you are around here, they just care if you break stuff or not!

I've gone back to chippying, £160 a day no questions asked and the work is easier and more rewarding. 

I still plan to do a bit of tree work because it's fun, wasn't quiet the lucrative business I thought it was though!

That is a very truthfull answer. Those are certainly the rates for a lot of the country for those that do regular work for others. Knowone is saying the rates are good or reflect the rigours of the work it's just the way it is.

When a lot of firms can only charge £200 / man day including all the gear to keep everyone employed, I can see why the rates are at the level they are. I don't think I know anyone who does the job for the money.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, arboriculturist said:

That is a very truthfull answer. Those are certainly the rates for a lot of the country for those that do regular work for others. Knowone is saying the rates are good or reflect the rigours of the work it's just the way it is.

When a lot of firms can only charge £200 / man day including all the gear to keep everyone employed, I can see why the rates are at the level they are. I don't think I know anyone who does the job for the money.

Really? Why do they do it then?

• Like 1

If you work in a area wear there is allot of work and companies are always busy £200 a day is doable as long as u are a money maker I speak from experience I made £400 the other day contract climbing but if u think u are gunner work around your local area with a climbing saw some climbing kit and a old climbing rope for a lowering line and think a bit of pruning or non hazard take down a day is gunner bring you 200 a day dream on !

• Like 3