Contract Rates

teresa green

Hello boys and gals I've been out of the UK for quite a few years. I will be returning sometime next year and wanted to get a rough idea of what contract climbers rates are. It would be good to get an idea in the different parts of the country also.

Climbing gear, rigging kit, saws, fuel, 4x4 vehicle.

Competent to do whatever tasks, you get the picture. I'm sure this has been discussed a thousand times so apologies.

Outrageous?

Its the market rate that reflects the difficulty or lack of investment in the industry.

You don't need to spend huge amounts to set up a company that can do 90% of the work available,nor do you need to hire a topgun climber to do it.

The guys who can do the remaining 10% of the work,fast and well get the better bucks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Hill said:

Outrageous?

Its the market rate that reflects the difficulty or lack of investment in the industry.

You don't need to spend huge amounts to set up a company that can do 90% of the work available,nor do you need to hire a topgun climber to do it.

The guys who can do the remaining 10% of the work,fast and well get the better bucks.

This topics irrelevant to you, Norways not part of the UK

58 minutes ago, teresa green said:

This topics irrelevant to you, Norways not part of the UK

Sorry for commenting on a public forum as a member of the public.

What I really ment to say was "if you are worth 200 quid a day you will get that".

Now tell me why your not.

Thank you.

You are welcome.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 26/05/2019 at 18:10, Mr. Squirrel said:

I pay decent climbers with saws etc £200/day up in Scotland. Though that doesn't seem to be the norm. Wish I could pay more but I'm a young business and still finding my feet.

People paying £150/day or less are taking the piss quite frankly. 

....like the NHS does to junior Drs. Just read ' It's going to hurt '. Excruciating :( k