Builder Cuts Down oldest Red wood

5 shires

Here we go again..builder in Swansea mistakingly fells the oldest Red Wood in the country and a large number of others to clear land for 80 houses....need to fine him the cost of the land and the 80 houses he will build and double it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Got a link? these things are often very different when you see the details.

Mike i wouldn’t have a clue how to download it...just read it in the mail...apparently it was done last month and he is going to be prosecuted...when you find it can you down load the link?

4 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

Mike i wouldn’t have a clue how to download it...just read it in the mail...apparently it was done last month and he is going to be prosecuted...when you find it can you down load the link?

I did, it’s in my edited post.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I did, it’s in my edited post.

Thanks Mick...did you read it and what’s your angle on it? Like you say there are always 2 stories...but to me and what I have read this guy took a chance and there are a number of scenarios to this...but it’s not going to bring back that tree or any of the others which were cut down...could put the firm who carried out the work out of business.Anybody got any information who it was? I think his name was mentioned in the piece I read in the mail.

From an aesthetic POV, I guess these non natives are dramatic and interesting, and certainly he’s bang to rights and should be prosecuted.

Any claims of biodiversity and all that is nonsense, as Mike Hill says.

6 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

Thanks Mick...did you read it and what’s your angle on it? Like you say there are always 2 stories...but to me and what I have read this guy took a chance and there are a number of scenarios to this...but it’s not going to bring back that tree or any of the others which were cut down...could put the firm who carried out the work out of business.Anybody got any information who it was? I think his name was mentioned in the piece I read in the mail.