Tachometer regs

dumper

I got pulled by VOSA about 5 years ago near Oldham for an under inflated tyre on a trailer, they went through every thing, axle weights etc etc but couldn't find any thing then came the distance from base, I was just under the 100k rule so no action was taken but I did mention our travelling friends and the answer was if there in the showman's guild (most of the are as they know all the rules) then distance from base isn't applicable along with some other rules we have to stick to! 

34 minutes ago, Ian C said:

I got pulled by VOSA about 5 years ago near Oldham for an under inflated tyre on a trailer, they went through every thing, axle weights etc etc but couldn't find any thing then came the distance from base, I was just under the 100k rule so no action was taken but I did mention our travelling friends and the answer was if there in the showman's guild (most of the are as they know all the rules) then distance from base isn't applicable along with some other rules we have to stick to! 

You are mixing up showmen, gypsies, and travellers. Three different groups of people, that on the whole don't get on with each other. Who's a member of the guild?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wedgebanger said:

I did pick up a trailer, it was a coffee bar trailer..i was asked if it was my main job by the the guy from company that made the trailer.

No, I,m just taking it home for a friend ( that was the troof) his reply was,, cos it was his job and he may have not believed me, if you do it for a living you need a taco....I smiled and said, I don’t need one, this is the first time I’ve done this.

there are many peeps driving around, and they have stories to tell mr vosa or plod if they get stopped... my friend has.been making coffee all day, I’m just taking it home for her because her car broke down

remember your not guilty until they prove it.. so have your story ready and don’t let them make you elaborate 

The police / DVSA solution to that is, issue ticket let court sort it out at your cost.

6 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I thought a showman could pull a trailer with a trailer so that he could move his accomadation with his work tool. Who's a member?

Yes they can, they are also exempt Tacho as they only move short distances between jobs.

3 hours ago, Justme said:

The police / DVSA solution to that is, issue ticket let court sort it out at your cost.

I don’t need you telling me this

And You can say that... because your on your copuuter . I told the troof , mr plod prove me wrong.     And 

I knew a truck driver, he was a laugh, and took the piss when he could. He told me many stories, but what I took... from every story , was... do not let the cop give you a ticket, because you would have to go to court and tell the judge the cop does not know his job. And said cop would be in court,, his answer was a day wasted, but laugh at the cop...in court btw..I would win..... becuse the law was on my side ...

I know this is public place .

You may have some good in you keeping people from straying off the wrong path... but I don’t need this. I was not off the path.....

your gonna be in my ignore list ???????????????

are you just just here to sell your trailer driving wares...?  

9 minutes ago, Wedgebanger said:

I don’t need you telling me this

And You can say that... because your on your copuuter . I told the troof , mr plod prove me wrong.     And 

I knew a truck driver, he was a laugh, and took the piss when he could. He told me many stories, but what I took... from every story , was... do not let the cop give you a ticket, because you would have to go to court and tell the judge the cop does not know his job. And said cop would be in court,, his answer was a day wasted, but laugh at the cop...in court btw..I would win..... becuse the law was on my side ...

I know this is public place .

You may have some good in you keeping people from straying off the wrong path... but I don’t need this. I was not off the path.....

your gonna be in my ignore list ???????????????

are you just just here to sell your trailer driving wares...?  

Wow what are you on? 

Edited by Justme
  • Like 1

And before I got round to the ignore list. I see that baited reply.  

I dont need need you to teach me to suck eggs...or is it justme.. 

I guess your and ex cop  Looking for work as my old  truck driver mate would say.

have a good night justme,,,, and so long.....???

11 minutes ago, Wedgebanger said:

And before I got round to the ignore list. I see that baited reply.  

I dont need need you to teach me to suck eggs...or is it justme.. 

I guess your and ex cop  Looking for work as my old  truck driver mate would say.

have a good night justme,,,, and so long.....???

No, it is just you.

• Like 2

I was always under the assumption that if your moving tools/equipment around that you need to use for your job your taco exempt. E.g builder with a mixer and a pack of slabs exempt, chap with a car trailer doing haulage taco required. May be wrong though.