Tachometer regs

dumper

I did pick up a trailer, it was a coffee bar trailer..i was asked if it was my main job by the the guy from company that made the trailer.

No, I,m just taking it home for a friend ( that was the troof) his reply was,, cos it was his job and he may have not believed me, if you do it for a living you need a taco....I smiled and said, I don’t need one, this is the first time I’ve done this.

there are many peeps driving around, and they have stories to tell mr vosa or plod if they get stopped... my friend has.been making coffee all day, I’m just taking it home for her because her car broke down

remember your not guilty until they prove it.. so have your story ready and don’t let them make you elaborate 

9 minutes ago, Wedgebanger said:

I did pick up a trailer, it was a coffee bar trailer..i was asked if it was my main job by the the guy from company that made the trailer.

No, I,m just taking it home for a friend ( that was the troof) his reply was,, cos it was his job and he may have not believed me, if you do it for a living you need a taco....I smiled and said, I don’t need one, this is the first time I’ve done this.

there are many peeps driving around, and they have stories to tell mr vosa or plod if they get stopped... my friend has.been making coffee all day, I’m just taking it home for her because her car broke down

remember your not guilty until they prove it.. so have your story ready and don’t let them make you elaborate 

Yes but I’m 300 miles from home

landrover broke down  (if I read previous post correctly)  so only option was to leave my mate with landy (and who was driving it and recovery vehicle could not take trailer) so  I had to continue the journey. ?? 

Or your a caravan dweller, just split up with the misses... you can think up the rest. Just like the caravan type do.... local caravan park.... 

but up to you what you do...

2 hours ago, Wedgebanger said:

landrover broke down  (if I read previous post correctly)  so only option was to leave my mate with landy (and who was driving it and recovery vehicle could not take trailer) so  I had to continue the journey. ?? 

Or your a caravan dweller, just split up with the misses... you can think up the rest. Just like the caravan type do.... local caravan park.... 

but up to you what you do...

What's wrong with living in a caravan?, or recently splitting up with the Mr's?

• Like 2

On 21/05/2019 at 23:02, dumper said:

If I start driving in Essex and finish in Newcastle upon Tyne , next day collect a 1.5 tonne mini and trailer from Travis Perkins and drive to site approx 4 miles should I use a tachograph?

You could set up a branch office in another city. All you need is an address for post in the locality.

Not sure if that would be against the rules or not. Probably would. They've usually thought of all the things that might catch them out.

Or just get the plant delivered to site and get a train up.

Edited by Mark J

5 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

What's wrong with living in a caravan?, or recently splitting up with the Mr's?

There’s nothing wrong with living in a caravan, after all most peeps do it for a holiday somtime in there life??

and spliting up with a partner, (we’ve all done this as well). ☹️

Its really just to substantiate why your there  ?

1 hour ago, Ian C said:

If your in the “ showman’s guild” these rules don’t apply! We know who is a member don’t we!

I thought a showman could pull a trailer with a trailer so that he could move his accomadation with his work tool. Who's a member?

• Like 1