Tachometer regs

dumper

I have tacho in landrover but landrover Essex to Newcastle!!!! if it’s delivered given the estate it won’t be complete if I leave it overnight on site hire company won’t do drop and collect same day two days in row 

20 minutes ago, dumper said:

So should I follow the advice from a man at vosa put tacho When I collect digger and throw away at end of each trip with trailer on 

Er you have to keep them for quite a while.

Even when not using tacho you need to comply with working hours regs re driving time & hours worked / rest periods. 

Edited by Justme

The defender only requires a tacho if over 3500kgs so how do they know when I’ve had a trailer on the back, so collect digger with trailer drop of on site leave trailer with digger go to builders (no tacho required) return to site , go to shop no tacho remove digger from site on trailer need tacho mileage won’t add up !

28 minutes ago, dumper said:

Medium pressure only about nine bar and very thick plastic hence small digger

The chap searching for one to make our connection found it with a fork prong, which went through and sand blasted him in the process.

26 minutes ago, dumper said:

I was under the impression when working direct to utilities tachometer were optional and you can use a book 

It's tachograph, tachometer measures RPM.

Just been looking at the new guidance & you might be ok re utilities exemption.

It used to be tied up to the big main companies. Now it seems much looser.

Vehicles used in connection with sewerage, flood protection, water, gas and electricity maintenance services, road maintenance or control, door-to-door household refuse collection or disposal, telegraph or telephone services, radio or television broadcasting and the detection of radio or television transmitters or receivers.

There have been a number of significant court rulings from the European Court of Justice and British courts dealing with this exemption. Common themes have included a direct and close involvement in the exempt activity; the principle of a general service in the public interest; and the limited and secondary nature of the transport activity.

It’s DVSA’s view that vehicles used in connection with sewerage, flood protection, water, gas and electricity services must be involved in the maintenance of an existing service (rather than the construction of a new service) to claim the concession.

7 minutes ago, dumper said:

The defender only requires a tacho if over 3500kgs so how do they know when I’ve had a trailer on the back, so collect digger with trailer drop of on site leave trailer with digger go to builders (no tacho required) return to site , go to shop no tacho remove digger from site on trailer need tacho mileage won’t add up !

If any of your work that day needs tacho you have to use it all day.

Possibly log all that weeks work too.

Edited by Justme

1 minute ago, Justme said:

If any of your work that day needs tacho you have to use it all day.

Yes and if it's fitted what's the problem with using it?

As I see it the main problem arises when you have something like a transit, without one fitted, and you need to tow a trailer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Yes and if it's fitted what's the problem with using it?

As I see it the main problem arises when you have something like a transit, without one fitted, and you need to tow a trailer.

THIS