Felling of 15 trees with awkward access in Devon

6 hours ago, sidekickdmr said:

im hoping to find someone that can fell and remove the timer as payment. 

If you find them, can you send me the contact details?  ?

Be worth a fortune! There was a company in Plymouth I think “trees for free” or something like that. 

They’d smash the trees down and take any usable arisings and leave all the rest in a wood pidgin’s nest...

Think they went bust ?

PS - you’ve got off lightly so far. 

C70EA699-F8F9-4252-9D86-A82DBC323316.jpeg

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, sidekickdmr said:

Good Afternoon Guys and Gals, 

Own a 13 acre woodland in North Devon, I stay on top of most of the upkeep and maintenance, but I have a gaggle of about 15 large trees I would like felled and removed. 

Some are blocking all the light to our cottage, some are on the way out and our arborist said they dont have long left and best to extract.

I have no need for the timber, nor anywhere to store the logs, so im hoping to find someone that can fell and remove the timer as payment. 

They are mostly Douglas fir and scots pine, with I think 1 beach and 1 ash in there too.

There is a lane to next to the trees, but not for a lorry, tractor and trailer probably fine, plus due to the steepness of the site, some winching will be needed. 

Whats my chances of the above happening?

Thanks

Kieran

It's the winching that could be the deal breaker, that makes it a bigger job than just turning up with a forwarding trailer, felling and picking up. 

If you have the time/ability you would probably be better off felling and stacking it yourself then selling the stack. If you got 5 ton of straight timber you could get a couple of hundred quid if you're lucky which would also more than pay for someone else on a saw if you're not confident on felling. 

• Like 1

Yes I’ve come in for some probably well deserved slack here, but purposefully made it sound worse than it is.

i reckon there is a good 20-30 ton of wood here, by my math that’s a good  £1,500 of good straight wood value

winching wise, again I was being worse case, all the trees are within 10m from the track and downhill to the track, a forwarder could probably just grab them and load

1 hour ago, sidekickdmr said:

Yes I’ve come in for some probably well deserved slack here, but purposefully made it sound worse than it is.

i reckon there is a good 20-30 ton of wood here, by my math that’s a good  £1,500 of good straight wood value

winching wise, again I was being worse case, all the trees are within 10m from the track and downhill to the track, a forwarder could probably just grab them and load

You have - take a well positioned shot and I am sure someone near may take you up on it. Preferably noting ground condition and any pertinent restrictions as that is what a professional forester or arborist would need to know . K

5 hours ago, sidekickdmr said:

Some photos of the site and said trees would help your case, 15 trees 20-30 tonne ?

8 hours ago, sidekickdmr said:

I got some Barrels filled with water, some yeast and some grain. By my estimates thats £5000 worth of Whisky........