TPO Application time......

benedmonds

Just ranting in frustration...

I put the application via 1app on the 25th of March and so the application should have by my reckoning been decided by Monday the 20th of May. 

However the council did not register it until the 10th of April.. Two and a half weeks later...

The council expect to have a decision on the 10th of June. Even though 8 weeks from the 10th of April is the 5th of June...

Why does it take 11 weeks to decide if we can sensitively reduce a tree or not... ?  

Edited by benedmonds

21 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

Just ranting in frustration...

I put the application via 1app on the 25th of March and so the application should have by my reckoning been decided by Monday the 20th of May. 

However the council did not register it until the 10th of April.. Two and a half weeks later...

The council expect to have a decision on the 10th of June. Even though 8 weeks from the 10th of April is the 5th of June...

Why does it take 11 weeks to decide if we can sensitively reduce a tree or not... ?  

Why does it take 11 weeks to decide if we can sensitively reduce a tree or not... ?  Understaffed/under-financed/Inefficient/they just don't like you? :D

Have you proof of the date that they received it?

I've had this before. I emailed them enclosing their own auto response email and just said I didn't accept their registration date. They promptly changed it.

I've had issues with a couple of LA's. Just persevere as much as possible when things aren't getting done properly and keep a record of everything. I ended up complaining about the planning department to the councils CEO. Shortly afterwards a assistant TO took over the planning role for applications and it's 100% better. 

You've an option, as long as you've proof of delivery, to simply appeal for non-determination after eight weeks. I know it's a nuisance and will probably delay a decision even longer, but if they're mucking around and you eventually take it further unnecessary/ND appeals will prove your point.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

...  Understaffed/under-financed/Inefficient/they just don't like you? :D

Have you proof of the date that they received it?

Probably all of the above...

Just frustrating you advise a client to do works you are pretty sure will get permission, pencil in works for 9 weeks, then get too due date from when the 1 App was made, have to chase to try and get a decision and find they have moved the goal posts.

They also expect us to put up the notices on  the street.  

Edited by benedmonds

8 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

They also expect us to put up the notices on  the street. 

You what! How much do you charge for that?

where in the T&CPA does it oblige the applicant or agent to publicise an application? 

I know what my answer would be.

"they have moved the goal posts." Only if you let them. 

Edited by Gary Prentice
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

If it was on the doorstep I would have considered it, but it is 20 miles away from home so I chose to ignore that particular request. 

After getting a quote from my LA for a temporary parking restriction (4 hrs), just advertising it/putting notices on lamp posts with us putting cones out, I certainly wouldn't consider doing anything that I didn't legally have to.

I don't know exactly what's involved but I'd imagine;

Advert in local paper - time @2hrs

Notices on a dozen lamp-posts - Max time to print & put up - 4Hrs

We were quoted over a thousand quid IIRC

• Like 1

18 hours ago, benedmonds said:

If it was on the doorstep I would have considered it, but it is 20 miles away from home so I chose to ignore that particular request. 

I put in applications all over the country...…..& they even have the check to say that your application may be delayed if the notices don't get put up...…..it's not too bad if there is a houseowner resident in the house with an interest in the decision - it can be done...….but it might require printing out and sending in the post with appropriate pins/ties. But in other locations, it has to be ignored!

19 hours ago, benedmonds said:

As Gary has indicated, phone the council let them know of the date the council received it; provided they didn't ask for extra information you may be able to persuade them to back date it. The old planning portal (now privatised) used to have a clear statement that councils had to work from the date of receipt.....I haven't been able to find it recently. It was useful to remind councils of the correct procedure.

• Thanks 1