MS661c for milling?

HighlandSawyer

Hi, I was at my dealer on Friday to pick up my 660. After hearing me complain of the money pit it’s been the past few months. He offered me a 880 and a 661 or 2nd 880 with lots of discount.  Is the 661 a better milling machine than the 660?  I bought the 880 as I couldn’t say no on price.  And seriously tempted on the 661 with the price. I already have a 880 and don’t know what I’d do with 3.  The 661 will be running a 42” lopro set up max  36” bar most of the time. 

That’s what I’m planning stubby but not sure if my older used 1 will work in tandem with a new 1? Might sell the old 1 later in the summer and get another new if they won’t work together. I’m really tempted with the 661 my 660 has been getting expensive the past few months. I’d like to retire it now everything on it is new genuine and just use it for firewood before the mill claims it again. 

• Like 1

If you have the option of an 880 for milling, I'd use that everytime. I have used my 660 for milling once since I got one.

I run an 084 and an 880 double ender on the mill no probs. I think your new 880 and old one will be totally fine and miles better than a 88 and 661

• Like 1

F**k it. I will get a 3rd 880. The deal I’m being offered is not much more cost than a 661c with 36” from f r jones. The 880’s are with 36” bars. Only catch is I have to buy 2 or more saws to get the deal. So need to tell him what my 2nd saw is when I collect the 880. I will have a like new 42” lopro gb bar for sale to fit a 660 2 stihl ripping chains and possibly a  brand new 36” Oregon bar with 1 chain(bought on Saturday) if anyone is interested. I might sell the 660 too. 

• Like 1

On 19/05/2019 at 23:22, Forest2Furniture said:

I used my 660 with a 36" bar for years for milling until I could afford an 880,

only problem I had was with the sissy pin snapping but once I took that out

and put a blanking plug in no problems.

Whats a sissy Pin? :D The Button to reduce compression for starting? If so my 066 does not have one, but my 088 does. 

19 hours ago, HighlandSawyer said:

F**k it. I will get a 3rd 880. The deal I’m being offered is not much more cost than a 661c with 36” from f r jones. The 880’s are with 36” bars. Only catch is I have to buy 2 or more saws to get the deal. So need to tell him what my 2nd saw is when I collect the 880. I will have a like new 42” lopro gb bar for sale to fit a 660 2 stihl ripping chains and possibly a  brand new 36” Oregon bar with 1 chain(bought on Saturday) if anyone is interested. I might sell the 660 too. 

Interested in the 42" Bar and Chains. :)