New online felling licence application process

In an effort to bring their process for applying for felling licences into the 21st century, the Commission seems to have moved to an online format, with the option of having the paper form emailed to you to fill in manually and return to them.

I'm a bit of a technological Luddite when it comes to this sort of thing and despite my best efforts, want to kill the computer after 30 minutes of trying to do the online forms. It's asking for obscure file types, asking me to select compartments on maps that don't exist and is generally not user-friendly. 

Has anyone else had the displeasure of completing one of these awful online forms yet?

4 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Nope . I feel your frustration J .  Not looked at it but probably needs to be redesigned by an 11 year old .

In order to get the form to print out to fill in manually, you have to email them to get them to send you one. Why can't you just download one instead (just like before)? I could have finished it by now but instead I have to wait for some desk jockey to send me a form that I used to be able to get instantly. 

For instance, on the mapping section, it asks you to select compartments to be felled from a generic OS map with no compartments listed. You can't submit a compartment map of your own as a pdf because it won't accept pdfs. 

Arghh! ?

1 minute ago, Big J said:

In order to get the form to print out to fill in manually, you have to email them to get them to send you one. Why can't you just download one instead (just like before)? I could have finished it by now but instead I have to wait for some desk jockey to send me a form that I used to be able to get instantly. 

For instance, on the mapping section, it asks you to select compartments to be felled from a generic OS map with no compartments listed. You can't submit a compartment map of your own as a pdf because it won't accept pdfs. 

Arghh! ?

Grrrrrr ! ?️

18 minutes ago, Big J said:

Arghh! ?

this will do your sleep problems the world of good ? i am sure!

its like owt else if you do it every day its easy, i have just put a new ink cartridge in my printer and just felt like throwing it out the window after several attempts at fitting it, its working but the low ink indicator light wont go out and did,nt want to try it till it did, so tried it now there is paper all over office floor, F-----G great,

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, spuddog0507 said:

this will do your sleep problems the world of good ? i am sure!

its like owt else if you do it every day its easy, i have just put a new ink cartridge in my printer and just felt like throwing it out the window after several attempts at fitting it, its working but the low ink indicator light wont go out and did,nt want to try it till it did, so tried it now there is paper all over office floor, F-----G great,

Jees don't get me started on printers. Sorry J not very helpful ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Conor Wright said:

A number of years ago i was having similar printer related issues so i calmly and deliberately unplugged it, brought it out into the yard and set fire to it.

it hasn't given me a moments trouble since.

I found a similar solution with a sat nav that kept going silent when I was in the middle of phone calls, throwing it out of the window at 70 MPH soon sorted it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

A number of years ago i was having similar printer related issues so i calmly and deliberately unplugged it, brought it out into the yard and set fire to it.

it hasn't given me a moments trouble since.

its not just me then ? i thought to my self this morning, god i can strip a engine down, inspect, replace what needs replacing, rebuild and get running again, but i cant even put a ink cartridge in a printer, !!!!!!!!!