Trailer advice

forestboy1978

In the market for another trailer. Current set up is this.

What I think I want is a 12-14ft x 6- 6 1/2 foot trailer so I can leave the guys on site with this one which is ideal for chip, logs and general waste but shit for panels etcetera as it's 11 x 5 1/2ft. It currently tips 3 way. 

New trailer doesn't need to tip. I intend to store it at my yard and load with bags of rubble over a few days and then when I have a decent amount toss them over the side and empty them and then use it to load fencing materials. 

Torn between getting a plant trailer which will serve the above purpose but also be useful for driving chipper onto etcetera but not sure. Ideally a tilting plant trailer. Disadvantages of a plant trailer is that if I wanted to chuck on 2.5 tons of gravel I'd have to shovel out of it rather than a flat bed where I could raise the sides and just rake the stuff out. 

Opinions greatly appreciated. 

Ta 

20181026_171031.jpg

best addvise i can give you is just get a 12ft ifor tipping trailer and you will not be disapointed at all, i got to a stage where i was sick of handballing/ shoveling so i just thought bite the bullet spend the money and i bought a 10ft ifor tipper and i think its one of the best money/labour saving items i have purchased, came home from a job last night at 7.30pm truck and trailer loaded with chip just backed up to a chip pile tipped trailer, un hitched trailer backed truck up to pile tipped that off hitched trailer back up and away, it proberbly took me 1 man 15 mins to tip 4 1/2 - 5 tonne of chip, shoveling/raking it out would take how long ??,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

best addvise i can give you is just get a 12ft ifor tipping trailer and you will not be disapointed at all, i got to a stage where i was sick of handballing/ shoveling so i just thought bite the bullet spend the money and i bought a 10ft ifor tipper and i think its one of the best money/labour saving items i have purchased, came home from a job last night at 7.30pm truck and trailer loaded with chip just backed up to a chip pile tipped trailer, un hitched trailer backed truck up to pile tipped that off hitched trailer back up and away, it proberbly took me 1 man 15 mins to tip 4 1/2 - 5 tonne of chip, shoveling/raking it out would take how long ??,

You might be right. Can't hurt to have x2 tipper trailers. I do want something as low to the ground as possible though. Cages etc are not needed. 

3 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

You might be right. Can't hurt to have x2 tipper trailers. I do want something as low to the ground as possible though. Cages etc are not needed. 

A Ifor 12 ft tipper is a heavy trailer empty so if you need capacity flat is best. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, woody paul said:

A Ifor 12 ft tipper is a heavy trailer empty so if you need capacity flat is best. 

What do you estimate the tipping facility weight on this kind of trailer. Can't be more than 200kg??

Do you reckon  you have much increased height with tipper function. 

As said before this trailer wont really be used for tipping. Box can come off of my current trailer if required to load gravel etc. Mainly for panels, posts and postcrete etc that obv will be hand balled. 

12 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Flat is 675kg and a tipper is 1000kg. 

Cheers mate. Wow, that's more than I suspected. 

Aside from safety of tyre puncture, probably more stability, what's the advantage of a tri axle? I'm assuming you'd lose 100- 150kg for another axle??