Which Micro

donnk

Any size digger is worth having! I have a 1.5 ton and what it can do is amazing, handle ridiculous sized lumps of timber, dig out 50 tons a day no problem, take the canopy off and drive it through garages, the list goes on....

My Dad on the other hand has an old takeuchi micro, and that's also brilliant! Strip off turf far quicker than labourers, perfect size for loading wheelbarrows, get in really tight gateway's,  dig right up against a house, the list goes on....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Is that the 216? Heard there nowhere near as powerful as the 016's but there a bonny machine though

Jack 

I used to have a TB016- was my first digger- I’d say the TB216 is identical on lift capacity but perhaps less breakout force- it doesn’t slew as nicely as the TB016 in the sense that its a pretty fast swinger but overruns more when stopping the slew so can make you look a bit clumsy sometimes! I’d have the TB016 over this one if they still made them new but at the same time happy enough with it- cabs nicer!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

I used to have a TB016- was my first digger- I’d say the TB216 is identical on lift capacity but perhaps less breakout force- it doesn’t slew as nicely as the TB016 in the sense that its a pretty fast swinger but overruns more when stopping the slew so can make you look a bit clumsy sometimes! I’d have the TB016 over this one if they still made them new but at the same time happy enough with it- cabs nicer!

I think they tried to fix something that wasn't broken tbh it's like you say there cabs look a lot better and it's a reliable brand so stick to what you know I've spoke to a few people about the 210R and there supposed to be rubbish / sluggish compared to other brands? 

Jack 

7 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

I think they tried to fix something that wasn't broken tbh it's like you say there cabs look a lot better and it's a reliable brand so stick to what you know I've spoke to a few people about the 210R and there supposed to be rubbish / sluggish compared to other brands? 

Jack 

Yes- but I don’t think there is a perfect machine in the sense that Takeuchi has a lot going for them in other ways- best blade, most robust bodywork (paint has improved on the newer one too), they are very smooth machines to operate but perhaps lose a bit of grunt compared to other brands- I still think my TB125 is one of the best all round 3 tonners I’ve tried but folk say it’s replacement has gone downhill too!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Yes- but I don’t think there is a perfect machine in the sense that Takeuchi has a lot going for them in other ways- best blade, most robust bodywork (paint has improved on the newer one too), they are very smooth machines to operate but perhaps lose a bit of grunt compared to other brands- I still think my TB125 is one of the best all round 3 tonners I’ve tried but folk say it’s replacement has gone downhill too!

I just hire machines in for the time being as I'm fairly new to being self employed and just getting established now but when I do decide to buy my equipment I think I'll be going with yanmar as a lot of machinery is powered by yanmar and they say there bulletproof but the hire machines I use mainly are bobcat e10 and takeuchi tb228 and are both absolutley excellent I've used jcb and there a pile of utter ? in my experience didn't have the power to track up a lil bank ? so I'll be avoiding them for sure. 

Jack 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

I just hire machines in for the time being as I'm fairly new to being self employed and just getting established now but when I do decide to buy my equipment I think I'll be going with yanmar as a lot of machinery is powered by yanmar and they say there bulletproof but the hire machines I use mainly are bobcat e10 and takeuchi tb228 and are both absolutley excellent I've used jcb and there a pile of utter ? in my experience didn't have the power to track up a lil bank ? so I'll be avoiding them for sure. 

Jack 

Doubt you will go wrong with any of the main brands really- tak/bobcat/yanmar whatever- they all have pros and cons and often it’s a case of whatever you can get the best deal on.. I stupidly turned down a mega deal on a Hitachi last year in favour of the Tak cos I wanted a cab- but no doubt the Hitachi would have been paid off much quicker!

23 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Doubt you will go wrong with any of the main brands really- tak/bobcat/yanmar whatever- they all have pros and cons and often it’s a case of whatever you can get the best deal on.. I stupidly turned down a mega deal on a Hitachi last year in favour of the Tak cos I wanted a cab- but no doubt the Hitachi would have been paid off much quicker!

That's all life is though trial and error I'm trying to work it so I can buy one second hand and use it for self drive or owner operator and then put money aside trade that one in and get a new one bought outright I don't want overheads as I am getting quite a lot of dry spells so don't want something sitting in the yard not earning but paying out for it unless I'm just being daft? 

Jack