Anyone got a coil for a 288xp?

wyk

I have a couple of new loops of new Oregon 84DL 3/8 chain for trade(I think they are 063 so one EXL and one 75lpx). I just don't wanna spend any more cash on this 288 as it's killing me as it is :(

I was gonna say it was nickel and diming me to death, but I have a feeling that doesn't mean much here :)

I replaced this one less than 4 years ago. But it looks like it's had a short in the lead ever since. It was small enough no one spotted it, and I think that may have killed the secondary coil. I wouldn't have suspected it if I hadn't ran it in the rain where it died and wouldn't restart. It was living on the farm in Waterford the last 3 years. It was intermittent at first, too. They thought they were just flooding it(which was also likely happening). I have the saw in my possession now, and just finished rewiring it and replaced the aftermarket carb with a nice Tilly C model. I have been trying desperately to get them to buy a new saw so I can retire this poor thing, but no avail.

11 hours ago, adw said:

Are we sure its the coil, 9 times out of 10 its the electronic box, its hard to imagine a faulty wire between coil and box would cause the coil to fail.

That's the device I'm talking about - the secondary.

12 hours ago, arboriculturist said:

Test it with a multimeter - its a quick easy task ?

Spark is rather easy to test for. I rewired it twice to be sure. Also used a tachometer. No spark. :(

Edited by wyk