Stihl warranty

Jack.P

Hi I am having a bit of trouble actually getting a Stihl dealer to repair a brush cutter which is under warranty and was bought from them .at first I was told 2 weeks to fix it so I dropped by 3 weeks later and still not touched it 6 weeks later still no phone call .i had to buy a cheap spare one in the end as I was waiting so long .does anyone know can i take it to another Stihl dealer to fix ? I am tempted to say I will give them two more weeks to get there act together or I will expect a replacement machine  .considering how much I have spent with this company  I'm surprised I'm not a valued customer 

59 minutes ago, gary112 said:

I think they are taking the piss jack have they given you a reason why it's taking so long?:confused1:

I think the reason is they don't give a flying fuck . Get on to Stihl customer services .

• Like 4

Presumably the wait is due to either being very very exceptionally busy or can't be arsed which is more likely.A few years ago I paid them to fix a top handle took it back after realising not fixed they were so useless in the end I took it to another mechanic who said they had Hardly touched it .I guess I will probably have to get funny with them to get the matter resolved 

30 minutes ago, Jack.P said:

Presumably the wait is due to either being very very exceptionally busy or can't be arsed which is more likely.A few years ago I paid them to fix a top handle took it back after realising not fixed they were so useless in the end I took it to another mechanic who said they had Hardly touched it .I guess I will probably have to get funny with them to get the matter resolved 

If it's a business to business transaction then it is covered by the The Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994, you have accepted the goods so the question is one of durability.

If they have accepted it is a warranty repair then you only have to give them a reasonable amount of time to make good with a repair.

After that the only recourse is the small claims court I think.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

You can go to any stihl dealer for warranty work, be advised though you won’t necessarily get prioritised if you didn’t buy the machine from them 

He is not getting prioritized were he did by it ! 

14 hours ago, Jack.P said:

Hi I am having a bit of trouble actually getting a Stihl dealer to repair a brush cutter which is under warranty and was bought from them .at first I was told 2 weeks to fix it so I dropped by 3 weeks later and still not touched it 6 weeks later still no phone call .i had to buy a cheap spare one in the end as I was waiting so long .does anyone know can i take it to another Stihl dealer to fix ? I am tempted to say I will give them two more weeks to get there act together or I will expect a replacement machine  .considering how much I have spent with this company  I'm surprised I'm not a valued customer 

Welcome to the World of ( we got yr money now do one!) Stihl. K

3 hours ago, Khriss said:

Welcome to the World of ( we got yr money now do one!) Stihl. K

Are still not good with warranty then?i have husky and never had any problems with them not that I get any trouble anyway