Football eh, bloody hell!

Mick Dempsey

What extraordinary stuff over the last couple of days, Spurs (IMO) surpassed Liverpool’s incredible ‘remontada’ by scoring three second half goals against Ajax in Amsterdam. All English final, with the possibility of another one between Arsenal and Chelsea in the Europa League.

Now I’m certain we will get loads of peeps going on about prima donnas etc. But for some brilliant drama and feel good moments (when they are sorely needed) football has lifted the spirits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Been a Spurs fan since the eighties and have been to a couple of cup finals with them (best being ‘91 FA cup) but still coming to terms with how the actual fuch they are in the biggest club competition in world football. Poch is a pretty good gaffer and there are a few pretty decent players in that squad but Champions League Final?!? Been a great run from the lilywhites. 

Liverpools result was epic too, really enjoyed that piece of theatre.

Uefa not gonna like having ‘potentially’ 4 English finalists in their two cup competitions. Suspect we will see a change in the EPL coefficient in the next couple of years.

• Like 3

I started supporting Spurs from the time of Chivers and Gilzean, don’t get me wrong, I’m no diehard, more of a sofa supporter, but always have a soft spot for my boyhood club. 

To see them get to the final after after nearly exiting this competition so many times is astonishing, a brilliant start to life in the new stadium. Hope it’s a good final and Kane is back fresh and ready, though Moura is a starter for sure.

Without getting too philosophical about it both teams have shown the ethos of never giving up, giving your all no matter what and belief in oneself.

That is what sport does, provides life lessons in hidden form.

• Like 4

Well the Arse have just equalised, so they’re doing their part.

ps,  Mark, thanks for the Soccer Guy Twitter thing, good account.

I love the way he describes Messi as the Mexican Dempsey.

Edited by Mick Dempsey