Birds/Nests

WesD

1 hour ago, Treerover said:

36 acres lost to pigeons in 14 days ????
That’s 2.57 acres a day !!!!!
You lot must rely on a hell of a lot of pigeon shooting to protect your crops round your way !!!
And all the wheats pretty high so that’s baffling !!

havent been to look at any other fields yet as 3240 acer takes a bit of getting round !!!!! and yes we do have a lot of pigeon shooting, ,and wheat round you that went in 2 wk ago is that high all ready ? its not all put in in sept/oct you know,,,

1 hour ago, spuddog0507 said:

havent been to look at any other fields yet as 3240 acer takes a bit of getting round !!!!! and yes we do have a lot of pigeon shooting, ,and wheat round you that went in 2 wk ago is that high all ready ? its not all put in in sept/oct you know,,,

No farmer round here worth his salt would have put wheat in two weeks ago that’s for sure and I’d be surprised if that were that much different anywhere else . Linseed maybe or peas. 

So in answer to your question, yes I do know. 

Anyhow, back to Wes D’s post we go for he is possibly in better grasp of  things 

Again I’ll say it, not seeing many nests, hearing them and seeing them but not in the usual numbers still only moved one job! I’m conscientious too so I’ll inspect trees/hedges etc on the morning of the job as your never losing money just moving money if you find birds/nests etc seeems a strange start to spring for mine BUT I have thought for a good while now our seasons are slipping/moving. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Cleaver said:

They did have wings - I remember the advert on the TV.

You plainly have little experience of female  personal products, what you refer to are not the same as tampons but are pads.  Being the sole male in a household of females one gets to understand these things, as well as coming across what looks like a decapitated mouse in the toilet bowl every now and then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Black Death...IMG_9119.thumb.jpg.eed39970f67e9103871f708db153d77a.jpg
There population along with goosanders are out of control , my mates had his licence revoked and has 30 cormorants on his lake.. imagine the damage they are doing to his business.
Back in the day there was a very healthy number of salmon par until the 80’s when river keepers where told it was illegal to control there numbers.

Mergansers were the bane of my life as a fishing ghillie in NE Scotland. We used to get a licence, and then some years the licence was revoked. Now there’s no little to no employment on the river I used to work on and few fish to fish for. Yet there’s plenty of grey seals, mergansers, goosanders and cormorants kicking about.
People don’t seem to have a clue about imbalances any more. Worse still is the people that know least seem to shout the loudest.

Saw 2 swallows on 21st April this year and have 1pr in our broken down steading. Normally there’s a dozen pairs there
  • Like 2

You plainly have little experience of female  personal products, what you refer to are not the same as tampons but are pads.  Being the sole male in a household of females one gets to understand these things, as well as coming across what looks like a decapitated mouse in the toilet bowl every now and then.

A mate had his whole sceptic tank inflow choked by a visitor who stayed a week and was on the blob. Three days work to dig up pipes. She was a townie used to chucking them down the public sewage works [emoji3]

A mate had his whole sceptic tank inflow choked by a visitor who stayed a week and was on the blob. Three days work to dig up pipes. She was a townie used to chucking them down the public sewage works [emoji3]

We have big problems with that from visitors , septic tanks do not like baby wipes ! Heard they pulled 5 tonne of them out of a near by sewer so why any one would do this or feels the need to wipe there arse on a wet wipe Is beyond me... but despite telling any visitors do not put things down the loo I’ve found my self elbows deep in raw sewage in the last few months thanks to bloody baby wipes and no doubt my sister and her kids !

5 hours ago, MattyF said:

We have big problems with that from visitors , septic tanks do not like baby wipes ! Heard they pulled 5 tonne of them out of a near by sewer so why any one would do this or feels the need to wipe there arse on a wet wipe Is beyond me... but despite telling any visitors do not put things down the loo I’ve found my self elbows deep in raw sewage in the last few months thanks to bloody baby wipes and no doubt my sister and her kids !

Once you experience the incredible cleansing power you will never go back. Not as a primary cleansing meduim,  more of a final polisher. Also substitute for a shower after a sweaty day in the trees, when you just can't be bothered to bathe. Never flush them though, just ball up and bin.

• Like 1