Work suddenly went quiet

tonytree

Always quiet this time of year...nesting birds...bad time to do major pruning and most people haven't  got their gardening hats on yet but it always picks up an a month or two. I enjoy the easier time of year...catch up with all the maintenance, admin and firewood processing...as well as having a bit more time off for myself

20 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Probably you’re being undercut, you’ll lose the clients forever and never regain the momentum you once had, the phone will never start ringing again and you’ll end up driving an Uber in Liverpool.

You'll get to meet some nice people tho

3 hours ago, Khriss said:

You will need couple big jobs to pay fr TT! K

Did a saw for an Arbtalk member from the IOM who got pissed, took the saw apart then sent it to me.....with a few bits from his Hilux that eally threw me. He did offer lodgings during the TT though never took him up on it.

Its been a slow burn situation here.

To some extent I am still  feeling the affect of last Yrs dry summer. Its noticeable that some customers have not booked there grass equipment in for there usual maintenance as a few iv spoken with feel the machines have not been used enough to warrant it. Yet to be seen if I see some of these machines when stale fuel over the winter ....etc,  causes problems that a service stops. Saws and hedge trimmers needing work has been steady.

Strange thing is, no matter how 'quiet' the phone is, I am always 'in' work, never without.

Never had a truly dry diary in front of me since I moved to Rennes in 2010

Lead times might get down to a week or so at times.

These days, if I ever have a 1 week lead time again, I'd be gratefull for the chance of a rest.

Stuart

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, treevolution said:

Hows people finding things at the moment.

I'm getting less and less call as the weeks go by towards summer and even less jobs being accepted when I do quote.

Same, different trade, but I'm only getting emergency work ATM. I've been on the phone punting my services.

• Like 1