Low Impact Forestry Ltd, covering North Yorkshire and the North East

IronMike

I can only concur with Big j and Iron Mike, when things break Pekka has sent the replacements parts out free. I like all the other log bullet owners have been feeding back issues so the machine can be improved. With care and practice 20-30 tons a day is easy.
Keep the log length to around 3m and you will be less likely to overload.
Mine fits nicely on a 16' twin axle trailer, but it has to be back against the tail ramp. I am going to upgrade to a tri axle .
Have a look at my 'some things moving' video thread

• Like 2

5 hours ago, slack ma girdle said:

I can only concur with Big j and Iron Mike, when things break Pekka has sent the replacements parts out free. I like all the other log bullet owners have been feeding back issues so the machine can be improved. With care and practice 20-30 tons a day is easy.
Mine fits nicely on a 16' twin axle trailer, but it has to be back against the tail ramp. I am going to upgrade to a tri axle .

Come on now lol being in wales that is easily 30+ ton a day as opposed to 25 ton over the 7 bridge 😏 

Edited by topchippyles

On 03/01/2021 at 09:50, slack ma girdle said:

thanks! and thanks for the feedback Jonathan, mike and a a swede in Finland, ordered one and paid the deposit today

ive had a look at some of your vids Slack nice type of work.

any chance of some pictures of the logbullet on your 16’ ifor? Is it possible to have the headboard fitted? 

• Like 2

thanks! and thanks for the feedback Jonathan, mike and a a swede in Finland, ordered one and paid the deposit today

any chance of some pictures of the logbullet on your 16’ ifor? Is it possible to have the headboard fitted? 

If i remember i will take a photo next time i move it.
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, josharb87 said:

Welcome to the club mate! 👍🏻🕺🏻

• 2 months later...

A question for you guys, what would you choose?

Pekka has given me a choice of drive motors, the standard 315cc or bigger 400cc, the bigger one would mean a slower machine but more torque.

We dont have hills here, but ditch crossings and rocky woodland would be the worst terrain encountered on a regular basis.

18 minutes ago, josharb87 said:

A question for you guys, what would you choose?

Pekka has given me a choice of drive motors, the standard 315cc or bigger 400cc, the bigger one would mean a slower machine but more torque.

We dont have hills here, but ditch crossings and rocky woodland would be the worst terrain encountered on a regular basis.

I would be inclined to say that the larger motors would be best. The power output of the machines has dropped due to EU5 regs, so 24hp is all you have (I had 44hp on mine). As such, I'd go for power. 

• Like 2

Thanks @Big J

I thought the older ones were 35hp?

Apparently theres different pumps or something now to compensate for the smaller hp.

the 400's are estimated to be 22% slower, 315s are walking pace.

Id normally always go for power, but the only real complaint a LB owner had was the speed. But perhaps he was covering long distances??