Is it just me again?

eggsarascal

...Or are some big companies just shit?

I need a Transducer for a rainwater harvesting system I'm working on, so I got the company who manufactured it's details and rang them, they weren't interested in the slightest, "go to our website and order the one you need". Problem is how the feck am I supposed to know which one I need if there is no description of said Transducer, no thread size, no working pressure, and a piss poor picture. This is Kingspan, a massive company that supply and fit across many different trades. This is a link to there useless advert.

https://kepartsshop.myshopify.com/collections/rainwater-harvesting/products/pressure-transducer

Had this in my past career, the company will be looking at enquiries of many thousand and not an end user purchasing one part.

Best you can do is go to the RS components or Farnell website and purchase off there as the company will have put data sheets and descriptions on the two websites as many SMEs etc will purchase a fair number regularly making the manufacturer £££££.

It used to piss me off when the sales girls would moan about someone wanting a switch to fix their white goods, didn't seem right lobbing a washing machine in a hole just because a £0.50p switch had failed:angryfire:

• Like 2

...Or are some big companies just shit?

I need a Transducer for a rainwater harvesting system I'm working on, so I got the company who manufactured it's details and rang them, they weren't interested in the slightest, "go to our website and order the one you need". Problem is how the feck am I supposed to know which one I need if there is no description of said Transducer, no thread size, no working pressure, and a piss poor picture. This is Kingspan, a massive company that supply and fit across many different trades. This is a link to there useless advert.

https://kepartsshop.myshopify.com/collections/rainwater-harvesting/products/pressure-transducer

Sht mate. Plenty of information on their paid for service option though.

When you do get the info mucker, make a note of it!  You may need it again when you design and set to work a rainwater harvest / shower / WHB system for me.  I'm erring towards a composting shitter so that won't need supply / septic and the grey water from shower etc can go straight on the garden.  ????

When you do get the info mucker, make a note of it!  You may need it again when you design and set to work a rainwater harvest / shower / WHB system for me.  I'm erring towards a composting shitter so that won't need supply / septic and the grey water from shower etc can go straight on the garden.  [emoji1303][emoji1303]

You’ve another three years again i rekon eggs before you need to worry about kevs ongoing project [emoji39]

46 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

When you do get the info mucker, make a note of it!  You may need it again when you design and set to work a rainwater harvest / shower / WHB system for me.  I'm erring towards a composting shitter so that won't need supply / septic and the grey water from shower etc can go straight on the garden.  ????

It's over complicated crap, yours will be much more straightforward than this rubbish. All it needed was a float switch in the tank and a solinoid valve to revert back to mains water supply if the tank runs dry.