Asbestos?

buffalo606

Looks like cement bound asbestos. Non-notifiable in the UK, which means that you don't need to notify HSE before you take it down and stack it for collection by a hazardous waste company- once you've done your joke of a day's training (my digger driver fell asleep in the middle of it ?)

Not sure what the situation is in France. I'd just crack on, and if you're worried wear a respirator or wet the sheets. It's pretty safe as it's bound with cement- only danger is if you raise a dust, by grinding for example.

Edited by doobin

5 minutes ago, doobin said:

Looks like cement bound asbestos. Non-notifiable in the UK, which means that you don't need to notify HSE before you take it down and stack it for collection by a hazardous waste company- once you've done your joke of a day's training (my digger driver fell asleep in the middle of it ?)

Not sure what the situation is in France. I'd just crack on, and if you're worried wear a respirator or wet the sheets. It's pretty safe as it's bound with cement- only danger is if you raise a dust, by grinding for example.

I think it's worth wearing a disposable coverall and respirator anyway. Also wrap the arisings in plastic and tape it up (including the respirator and coverall).

Edited by openspaceman
added bit in parenthesis

2 hours ago, openspaceman said:

I think it's worth wearing a disposable coverall and respirator anyway. Also wrap the arisings in plastic and tape it up (including the respirator and coverall).

Make sure you take them off your labourer first.:top:

• Haha 1

Yes that's asbestos.
Swerve the job.
Or paint it in pva/vinyl paint with a spray gun on a long stick.
The best way I was told by an elderly doctor...
Get someone over 75 to remove it, as the effects won't kick in for 15-25 years. [emoji848]
In France you can bury asbestos roofing on your own land.
You have to have it marked on a map at the mairie.
Hate that stuff.
[emoji51]