Monkey puzzle

gobbypunk

1 hour ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi managed to get it sorted, I have 2 butt's left to move can anyone help it has to be done by Friday morning at the latest otherwise I will have to ring it up and that will be a shame
Thanks Mark DSC_0451.jpegDSC_0448.jpegDSC_0452.jpeg

Ringing a few pieces won't be a complete loss....have you seen some of the bowls that can be turned out of it.

Saying that, what you have there looks bloody splendid.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

Mark, as said above ringing some up isn't a loss; it's the only thing I've ever done with MP.  Life isn't all about milling you know!

In the short  term I suggest ringing at every second ring of knots:  some turners like to turn tall vases that include two whorls.  Of course you can always cut them down later if need be.

Edited by nepia
Error

Hi if you look at the 2nd picture it does not have any nots in the timber it’s from the base of the tree but it does have some nice figuring and almost spalting so worth milling , but hey if I have to ring it up then it will probably end up as fire wood .

• Like 1

wood without the knots is high quality timber in the softwood world.

don't forget it was the brother species that produced the parana pine which was prized for the knotless wood for stair strings, treads, risers and many other applications.

try to save the knotless stuff first.

Edited by se7enthdevil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Steve it the notless butts I have left to move if I manage to move it you are welcome to some if you want it it’s bloody heavy it took 4 of us to carry a 10/12ft long plank 2and half inch thick , I do find it bonkers that I am willing to give this nice timber away for free to anybody who wants to come and get it I will even help load it .

• Like 1