Renewal time and looking for a better deal

Thesnarlingbadger

Hi people,

So insurance is up for renewal at the end of next month and I’m going to spare a day new week phoning round and trying to get a better deal.

I’m currently with Arborisk and have had no claims (touch wood). But the cost seems to be increasing a hell of a lot every time I renew, granted I have new tools etc but it still seems steep. I currently pay near the £2k mark for £30,000 worth of kit including chipper etc. This includes PL and EL. When I first used Arborisk it was £1k and it’s gone up a grand in 2 years. That on top of having to make the chipper and other kit so secure it can’t possibly be nicked makes me wonder if it’s worth took cover sometimes.

That being said I would hate anything to happen and not be covered.

I’m looking for people opinions for insurance and anyone to avoid. Maybe 2k is the going rate for a small firm but I’m hoping not.

Any advice welcome. Thanks

9 minutes ago, Thesnarlingbadger said:

Thanks Wayne I will do. Going to spend a day ringing round people next week and seeing what people can offer.

No problem buddy...I have got my kit not including vehicles insured for around 45k and it’s just over 2k if I remember correctly.its worth giving them a ring..I started with them and they have looked after me...am sure if I spent the time rigging round I could find cheaper but because they looked after me after my break in I will stick wi h them.

No problem buddy...I have got my kit not including vehicles insured for around 45k and it’s just over 2k if I remember correctly.its worth giving them a ring..I started with them and they have looked after me...am sure if I spent the time rigging round I could find cheaper but because they looked after me after my break in I will stick wi h them.

That’s good to know. The cost doesn’t really bother me as much as peace of mind does but I just feel I may be getting done over a bit. I’ll find out next week. Cheers