Kubota k008

dig-dug-dan

After years and years, finally got a couple of pipes made up so i can run my jcb breaker gun off the hydraulic service line. The pedal the operates the flow has two postions, and stays on in either direction.

Gun works a treat, better than on the beaver power pack. 

But, what i want to know is, if i fit an auger to the boom, will it have a reverse by moving foot pedal one way?

I took the cover off to inspect the pipes one is marked p, the other t, which  must be return to tank?

Also worth noting is the pressure pipe is metal and a much smaller diameter the t pipe runs towards the tank, but splits off and the  appears to join on to a control valve block hidden in the fascia.

Anyone else run the same  machine that might know?

Would seem a bit daft not being able to reverse an auger!

Brilliant machines, I purchased mine in 2001 and sold it here in 2003.

I was light years ahead back then with this setup, combining the Kubota with the brilliant Hinowa Hi Tip Dumper and both fitted perfectly on a 10ft Ifor tipper behind my 300tdi 90.

It would still be a great setup even today.

This was just before I sold it, yes I used to paint every scratch!?

Eddie.

796FF4FF-59C2-41A8-B81A-E14ACE2AB334.jpeg

9 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

Brilliant machines, I purchased mine in 2001 and sold it here in 2003.

I was light years ahead back then with this setup, combining the Kubota with the brilliant Hinowa Hi Tip Dumper and both fitted perfectly on a 10ft Ifor tipper behind my 300tdi 90.

It would still be a great setup even today.

This was just before I sold it, yes I used to paint every scratch!?

Eddie.

796FF4FF-59C2-41A8-B81A-E14ACE2AB334.jpeg

Now that brings back memories. I still paint it now! and again. Why did you sell it, did it do many hours?

I never got on with the hinowa dumpers, the skip didnt tip forward enough and i ended up rocking the machine back an forth to empty it!

Bought for one specific project where both came into their own, and then did a few more small jobs after before I moved them on.

Not huge hours, it was all priced work at the time on a big property in Oxfordshire, narrow access stuff and saved a huge amount of work between the pair of them.

Yes you had to rock the Hinowa a bit to tip properly, and if you look closely you can see an additional silencer box from a Mini exhaust I added to reduce the racket it made. It absolutely transformed it to be honest, and made the pair of them ideal on domestic work.

Absolute classic when I sold it, as a very well respected guy in the Plant game came to view it.

He phoned his brother and literally said  f@@k me it’s all like brand new and it goes on this Ifor Tipper that’s like new too. How much for the lot and the trailer, which wasn’t for sale, but a quick reckon up had a price had a figure for the package.

Cheque Book straight on the Defender bonnet and done!

Sometimes it pays to look after kit.

As I said before it would still be a good outfit and earner today.

Eddie.

• 4 months later...
On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 15:57, dig-dug-dan said:

After years and years, finally got a couple of pipes made up so i can run my jcb breaker gun off the hydraulic service line. The pedal the operates the flow has two postions, and stays on in either direction.

Gun works a treat, better than on the beaver power pack. 

But, what i want to know is, if i fit an auger to the boom, will it have a reverse by moving foot pedal one way?

I took the cover off to inspect the pipes one is marked p, the other t, which  must be return to tank?

Also worth noting is the pressure pipe is metal and a much smaller diameter the t pipe runs towards the tank, but splits off and the  appears to join on to a control valve block hidden in the fascia.

Anyone else run the same  machine that might know?

Would seem a bit daft not being able to reverse an auger!

How did you get on Dan, did you fit an auger in the end, is it any good?