Some Tree Surgeons Suck.........

Vespasian

2 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

No

Chainsaw..   its been lowered in the past but spread onto the pavement and taking up space in the garden..    looked a mess as they do if left to themselves..  

anyway I can't see that it matters much as my point was about shoddy work attitudes..  for the most part the lads have done a good job..  though the tenant thinks they could of done better..  

I'd of just cut em all down and started again.. there comes a point when tree's or hedges outgrow their surroundings..   

It's tricky to imagine.

Don't s'pose you could upload a photo.

And you do?....   all you do is troll me for the most part..   have you nothin better to do than follow me on here?...

Problem is I view the forum through the app , I can’t block you and when I click on unread posts usually there you are at the top with your opinionated and demented views.
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Problem is I view the forum through the app , I can’t block you and when I click on unread posts usually there you are at the top with your opinionated and demented views.

consider it free entertainment through the day..  or evening..  happy to keep you occupied..  

• Like 1

When I was gardening we used to do a 12' tall Yew hedge at one of the houses. It was about 30' long across the front of a walled garden and was sided up and the top squared off every year. We didn't refuse to do any of it because we weren't "tree surgeons". Why did your man set on tree surgeons to do a gardening job. I read your tirade in the original post and come to the conclusion you just like to have a rant. Did they do what they were asked ? Yes and you say they did a shoddy job yet you have to go and fix their otherwise tidy work as a favour. Why do you get yourself involved and worked up over something that is not your problem?. The landlord should have been there or told them exactly what he wanted and if he isn't happy with the job he should get them back to finish it. Some landlords suck, some tree surgeon/gardeners suck and if you're lucky you might get a woman that does if that is your inclination

Yesterday I fixed a neighbour's pressure washer just for a thank you. A repair shop told him it was not worth it, they probably suck as well but I didn't think to post a rant about it anywhere. I'm retired and don't mind helping anybody out and it only took me about an hour. He's a friend and we have been neighbours for 30+ years and I would rather do anyone a favour than a disservice, just get on with it and calm down and stop posting your rants as you know how it's going to end. Think of butterflies and calm blue oceans before you start typing your thread titles and remember that if you can't say something nice sometimes it's better to not say anything at all. Learn how to put pictures in your posts and you might get a bit of support, you might not though as thick skulls take some penetrating with knowledge as well as opinions.

• Like 3

I havent perused these pages for ages and reading through this thread i rememberd why.

This started off well then decended into the usual slaggin each other off bollocks.

Heres my tuppence.

Im a tree surgeon

I do hedges too as i need money and i have no quibbles about putting a 261 through a hedge.

If i was cutting back /topping a hedge and it had an elderberry or buddleia in it, id whack it back too match the hedge height because im a bloody pedant and leaving it would do my nut in.

• Like 1

Maybe they had removed trees in a hedge before and the customer pulled a fast one and refused to pay "Because you killed my beautiful trees and I said to only do the hedge!!!" - so they are very careful not to get stung like that again? Maybe their boss stipulated absolutely leave any trees alone if you find them, no excuses.

P.S I'd actually fly to the UK to watch the fight at the arb show! - please update closer to the time to confirm ? ?? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, peatff said:

When I was gardening we used to do a 12' tall Yew hedge at one of the houses. It was about 30' long across the front of a walled garden and was sided up and the top squared off every year. We didn't refuse to do any of it because we weren't "tree surgeons". Why did your man set on tree surgeons to do a gardening job. I read your tirade in the original post and come to the conclusion you just like to have a rant. Did they do what they were asked ? Yes and you say they did a shoddy job yet you have to go and fix their otherwise tidy work as a favour. Why do you get yourself involved and worked up over something that is not your problem?. The landlord should have been there or told them exactly what he wanted and if he isn't happy with the job he should get them back to finish it. Some landlords suck, some tree surgeon/gardeners suck and if you're lucky you might get a woman that does if that is your inclination

Yesterday I fixed a neighbour's pressure washer just for a thank you. A repair shop told him it was not worth it, they probably suck as well but I didn't think to post a rant about it anywhere. I'm retired and don't mind helping anybody out and it only took me about an hour. He's a friend and we have been neighbours for 30+ years and I would rather do anyone a favour than a disservice, just get on with it and calm down and stop posting your rants as you know how it's going to end. Think of butterflies and calm blue oceans before you start typing your thread titles and remember that if you can't say something nice sometimes it's better to not say anything at all. Learn how to put pictures in your posts and you might get a bit of support, you might not though as thick skulls take some penetrating with knowledge as well as opinions.

If nothing else you make for a good read..   I like that..  you should post more, gets a bit tiring reading troll replies...   

19 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Maybe they had removed trees in a hedge before and the customer pulled a fast one and refused to pay "Because you killed my beautiful trees and I said to only do the hedge!!!" - so they are very careful not to get stung like that again? Maybe their boss stipulated absolutely leave any trees alone if you find them, no excuses.

P.S I'd actually fly to the UK to watch the fight at the arb show! - please update closer to the time to confirm ? ?? 

Pointless flying all the way to watch, best off getting involved and get your own thrashing like the rest of em..  ?