Some Tree Surgeons Suck.........

Vespasian

Tree surgeons don't do hedges that's a gardener's job. I was a gardener years ago and we used to trim hedges and prune small trees if they were in the hedge. All in a day for us working on an hourly rate. 

8 hours ago, Vespasian said:

OK was asked to reduce a conifer hedge in the Winter for one of my customers..  Now I would of done it no problem but at the time didn't fancy doing it due to getting a pulled back every time I do tree work..  I've eased off on tree's of late, not that I ever did many to begin with...

Now heres the thing..  in amoungst the conifer hedge are two small tree's.  one amounting to a couple of branches sticking out to one side and another  small tree at the end of the hedge about ten foot tall.. dead as a dodo..   now talking to her today and asking why the two small tree's in the hede were left she told me they wouldn't touch them as they'd priced to remove the conifers and not the tree's in amoungst the hedge..

You fkin what I said, I thought maybe she'd told em not to bother as it might of been getting late in the day or something, getting dark in winter at 3.30 as you do.,..  no, they'd turned up at ten in the morning and gone by twelve..   why didn't you ask em to chop em down, throw em in the chipper.. five minutes extra if that I said..

Well they wouldn't do it, she says..   

Now as far as I can see, the tree's are part of the hedge. and as such aught to have been reduced with the conifers.....   

Now, what kind of tree men are they when they won't even chop off a couple of extra branches even if they had quoted to remove "just the conifers"..  

Talk about peevish..                                           scumbags.....

For the record I never refuse to do that one bit extra if asked..   like Buckin BIlliy says, price a job as not to turn down that extra bit of work, you know they're gonna ask you!!!!..  Nothin worse than pricing a job so as to make you despise being there a minute more than you have to...

For some context, the woman rents the house and the owner arranged for the tree surgeons to reduce it...   Now mugging here has to go round and tidy their shoddy work up for a favour..  cup of coffee and a chat..  only lives round the corner so no big deal..  

anyways, are these fella's scumbags or is it something some of you fella's would do?...   well I know its what some would do, but give me strength, for want of an extra five minutes they ruined their otherwise good hedge reduction..   and reputation..   Morons......

I'm fairly simple minded but I think you have this totally wrong. When we work on rental properties 90% of the time the property owner is paying. We will not do any more or less than what is specified. The tenants often ask for bits and bobs, I tell them to ask the owner because we are not touching a thing. In a normal situation where you are dealing with the customer we will do the "can you just........". However when the tenant doesn't own the property, garden, trees, land, hedges etc we will not do anymore that agreed with the owner. The tenants opinion is of no relevance and I would not want to be in a position where we had done something the owner did not want us to do. 

It should have been sorted during the quote stage and by your own admittance later in the thread they did a good job of reducing the confier hedge, which is probably what was agreed with the owner.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, peatff said:

Tree surgeons don't do hedges that's a gardener's job. I was a gardener years ago and we used to trim hedges and prune small trees if they were in the hedge. All in a day for us working on an hourly rate. 

Not sure what to make of that..   I mean its obvious you'd of done the decent thing and done a proper job.. and yet the need to stick the knife in on account of the job was a hedge..   

Not to mention tree surgeons do do hedges, I've seen enough of em round abouts cutting back hedges round here..   or do you mean snobby tree surgeons don't do hedges?...

3 minutes ago, Jonny69 said:

I'm fairly simple minded but I think you have this totally wrong. When we work on rental properties 90% of the time the property owner is paying. We will not do any more or less than what is specified. The tenants often ask for bits and bobs, I tell them to ask the owner because we are not touching a thing. In a normal situation where you are dealing with the customer we will do the "can you just........". However when the tenant doesn't own the property, garden, trees, land, hedges etc we will not do anymore that agreed with the owner. The tenants opinion is of no relevance and I would not want to be in a position where we had done something the owner did not want us to do. 

It should have been sorted during the quote stage and by your own admittance later in the thread they did a good job of reducing the confier hedge, which is probably what was agreed with the owner.

What your not getting through your thick scull is the owner paid for the reduction on account of the tenant wanted it done..   IE the landlord for all intents and purposes was just the middle man paying out the bills..   the tenant told the owner what she wanted doin, the owner arranged for it to be done..

The tree cutters thought like a lot of idiots on here and couldn't work out the job was being done for the tenant with the blessing of the owner..  if she wanted them to do all the hedge, and not leave some off, she'd of told em to leave some of it alone..  I don't know why, perhaps because she's as thick as some tree surgeons....

Only a moron could look at the whole and figure it mean't part only...   

4 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

cats arse if you couldn't cope with doing it yourself

I can cope with doing it myself, its my back that can't..   no fun walking round like a cripple for three days after faffing in a tree or cuttin down a hedge......   

10 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

What your not getting through your thick scull is the owner paid for the reduction on account of the tenant wanted it done..   IE the landlord for all intents and purposes was just the middle man paying out the bills..   the tenant told the owner what she wanted doin, the owner arranged for it to be done..

The tree cutters thought like a lot of idiots on here and couldn't work out the job was being done for the tenant with the blessing of the owner..  if she wanted them to do all the hedge, and not leave some off, she'd of told em to leave some of it alone..  I don't know why, perhaps because she's as thick as some tree surgeons....

Good job I prefaced my post by saying my mind was fairly simple. Maybe one day i'll get something right

1 minute ago, tree-fancier123 said:

so you've got a medical condition? I don't mean mental health problems, but actually some physical damage to the spinal chord? It can't be old age, plenty of posts on here documenting foresters in their fifties and sixties still very quick cutters

Can't think what it is, trapped nerve comes into play every time I do tree work..  or pulling at things...

can't figure it...   lift a heavy mower in an out the van all day, no problem....  

17 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Is there any need to call people thick? I bet if there was a Arbtalk meet up I'm pretty sure you'd be thick with the amount of folk on here who'd show you some respect and possibly a few contusions aswell you've got no respect for anyone! you hide behind a keyboard giving folk grief on here always watching YouTube with a apparent bad back? If you don't want people's honest answers stop asking questions it's as simple as that!! 

Jack 

• Like 2