Some Tree Surgeons Suck.........

Vespasian

On 25/04/2019 at 15:49, Vespasian said:

OK was asked to reduce a conifer hedge in the Winter for one of my customers..  Now I would of done it no problem but at the time didn't fancy doing it due to getting a pulled back every time I do tree work..  I've eased off on tree's of late, not that I ever did many to begin with...

Now heres the thing..  in amoungst the conifer hedge are two small tree's.  one amounting to a couple of branches sticking out to one side and another  small tree at the end of the hedge about ten foot tall.. dead as a dodo..   now talking to her today and asking why the two small tree's in the hede were left she told me they wouldn't touch them as they'd priced to remove the conifers and not the tree's in amoungst the hedge..

You fkin what I said, I thought maybe she'd told em not to bother as it might of been getting late in the day or something, getting dark in winter at 3.30 as you do.,..  no, they'd turned up at ten in the morning and gone by twelve..   why didn't you ask em to chop em down, throw em in the chipper.. five minutes extra if that I said..

Well they wouldn't do it, she says..   

Now as far as I can see, the tree's are part of the hedge. and as such aught to have been reduced with the conifers.....   

Now, what kind of tree men are they when they won't even chop off a couple of extra branches even if they had quoted to remove "just the conifers"..  

Talk about peevish..                                           scumbags.....

For the record I never refuse to do that one bit extra if asked..   like Buckin BIlliy says, price a job as not to turn down that extra bit of work, you know they're gonna ask you!!!!..  Nothin worse than pricing a job so as to make you despise being there a minute more than you have to...

For some context, the woman rents the house and the owner arranged for the tree surgeons to reduce it...   Now mugging here has to go round and tidy their shoddy work up for a favour..  cup of coffee and a chat..  only lives round the corner so no big deal..  

anyways, are these fella's scumbags or is it something some of you fella's would do?...   well I know its what some would do, but give me strength, for want of an extra five minutes they ruined their otherwise good hedge reduction..   and reputation..   Morons......

I think something like this comes down to the kind of person you are and how you pride your self in your work etc...I personally would have made sure when seeing the job that those 2 small trees/saplings were to come out as well as if left they would look unsightly and make the job look unfinished...or any other scenario anyone wishes to come up with I would still have taken them out,whats 5/10 minz..who knows if they were being assholes or not..the question is what would any of us do..I would have taken them out.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

I would have spoken to the paymaster and asked what he wanted doing.

She would of asked you to ask the tenant what she wanted doing..  the only men in this scenario are the tree choppers..  

Just now, eggsarascal said:

And you know that, do you?, of course you do, I shouldn't have asked.

Ok, the owner is a woman, so what.

I know that because I know both parties and spoke to em both before they had the job done..   I explained what wanted doing as well why I'm at it..  did tell the landlord that it would be better all round to have em chopped down and start again..   only the hedge forms a natural barrier from kids kicking balls on the street, and adds some screening for privacy..   so she didn't want em taking out completely..

Its a simple case of tree choppers turning up and thinking to get away early by playing the "we didn't quote for the tree's"..   

6 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Its a simple case of tree choppers turning up and thinking to get away early by playing the "we didn't quote for the tree's"..   

Without pictures I can't say for sure but I would think it would be harder , marginally , to work round the hard wood trees and leave them than to rasher the whole lot down .

Edited by Stubby

2 minutes ago, MattyF said:

It’s becoming more apparent the real reason they suck is because you didn’t get the job in the first place??

And if you'd been paying attention you'd know I didn't want to do it due to having a bad back every time I do tree's at the minute..   I did the other side last yr and ended up hobbling about for a day or two...