Some Tree Surgeons Suck.........

Vespasian

9 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Pointless flying all the way to watch, best off getting involved and get your own thrashing like the rest of em..  ?

Yeah, nah. I'll just spectate, thanks. Actually, could you get someone to video it and upload to youtube? - Tripod and landscape view, please

21 hours ago, Vespasian said:

Now, what kind of tree men are they when they won't even chop off a couple of extra branches even if they had quoted to remove "just the conifers"..  

Talk about peevish..                                           scumbags.....

For the record I never refuse to do that one bit extra if asked..   like Buckin BIlliy says, price a job as not to turn down that extra bit of work, you know they're gonna ask you!!!!..  Nothin worse than pricing a job so as to make you despise being there a minute more than you have to...

For some context, the woman rents the house and the owner arranged for the tree surgeons to reduce it...   Now mugging here has to go round and tidy their shoddy work up for a favour..  cup of coffee and a chat..  only lives round the corner so no big deal..  

anyways, are these fella's scumbags or is it something some of you fella's would do?...   well I know its what some would do, but give me strength, for want of an extra five minutes they ruined their otherwise good hedge reduction..   and reputation..   Morons......

18 hours ago, Vespasian said:

Just to get this thread straight ur calling these folk cowboys,, scum bags and thieves etc for doing exactly wot they priced for and doing a tidy job.

How do u know they weren't just workers doing exactly wot was on there job sheet.

And to be fair makes no odds wether boss or not as tennant doesnae have the right to tell u to cut trees down anyway,, they don't know if the owner agrees or not.

Also not all trees in the hedge are part of the hedge, they could be standards.

I imagine if the lads cut down these 2 hardwoods when there job sheets said only conifers etc they would have hell to pay if they complained about those trees being cut down.

Ur calling these folk scumbags etc but u have admitted pricing EVERY job high just incase u get an extra job to do.

Wot happens if u don't get that extra job I've just ripped them off.

Seems massively hypocritical to accuse others of being thieves for not doing extra when upcharge extra to everybody all the time

I bet u must be busy, doubt many mind reading gardeners around, know to add to ur quote for jobs u haven't been asked  to do yet

Edited by drinksloe
  • Like 3

I mean I understand the fun of what he is doing, we all like to get a reaction and for people to show an interest.

Although in fairness back in the good old days setting off (or trying to) a bomb in here was a weakness of mine, see attached thread...

Vesp is so transparently just trying to get a rise, I wonder if those who regularly engage him realise that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I mean I understand the fun of what he is doing, we all like to get a reaction and for people to show an interest.

Although in fairness back in the good old days setting off (or trying to) a bomb in here was a weakness of mine, see attached thread...

Vesp is so transparently just trying to get a rise, I wonder if those who regularly engage him realise that.

Must be lonely where he lives.

If I am given a job sheet with "Reduce conifer hedge" written on it. Only the conifer are getting cut. That is the simple point.

Its like going into McDonalds, ordering a burger and crying like a little girl that you haven't been given chips and a drink. 

• Haha 1

Oh, and while we're at it. I'll give the Arb show a ring and see if all the Rambo, Bruce Lee whoppers can have a spot in the show ring for the handbags and wrestling match. The state of some of the replies on here!! :lol:

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Vespasian said:

Can't think what it is, trapped nerve comes into play every time I do tree work..  or pulling at things...

can't figure it...   lift a heavy mower in an out the van all day, no problem....  

yep that figures. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6