Smaller saw to compliment 372XPG

Lotto

A 346 looks ideal but can it be purchased through a local Husqvarna dealer by order? I'm not confident that if I was to purchase from Turkey for example that I'd be buying genuine. 
No. They arent available new in UK. You can buy them new in France though. Are you in UK? In your shoes I'd buy a used 346 if your set on non AT husky, you could sent it to spud for a port job/ maintenance if your feeling saucy. Alternatively there are decent pro saws 50cc range non AT from dolmar / makita and echo.

41 minutes ago, Lotto said:

How would a 357 compare in comparison to a 346? Is it a much heavier saw? Is the 357 3/8 chain?. 

357 is the same shape only slightly larger and slightly heaver ( obviously ) It can run 3/8 but you will need to change the plastic oiler gear as well as the powermate rim .  This saw also responds well to Spuds porting !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Asked the same question to my local Husqvarna dealer. He recommended that with the type/volume/frequency of my cutting it might be worth considering having only one saw but with multiple bar lengths. He reasoned that running two saws is generally more expensive. He recommended a 562. Can see his logic.