Non paying customer

forestboy1978

1 hour ago, forestboy1978 said:

I always wonder though with something like this, the customer can really damage my business with checkatrade, google or facebook review in spite. 

He owes you money for completed works. Providing there aren’t 2 sides to this (you’ve delivered substandard work etc) then don’t feel bad or worry about chasing your money - it’s yours, not his. If he’s ignoring you then the chances are he knows he’s in the wrong and will pay up as soon as the right pressure is applied. 

And if he’s the type of pillock who would subsequently spitefully defame you for chasing what’s owed, simply go around and break his legs (you know where he lives after all)!!! 

(Please note that I’m not a legal professional and my advice may lead to further issues if followed to the letter...).

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

He owes you money for completed works. Providing there aren’t 2 sides to this (you’ve delivered substandard work etc) then don’t feel bad or worry about chasing your money - it’s yours, not his. If he’s ignoring you then the chances are he knows he’s in the wrong and will pay up as soon as the right pressure is applied. 

And if he’s the type of pillock who would subsequently spitefully defame you for chasing what’s owed, simply go around and break his legs (you know where he lives after all)!!! 

(Please note that I’m not a legal professional and my advice may lead to further issues if followed to the letter...).

Work is not substandard

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5r7yi0nnsg8htul/AABlBjll1YNrUy0xi0jxkeyXa?dl=0

3 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Turn up and start dismantling the job cos its your property until they pay you,might make em think about paying then

Typically they are 45 mins away but yeah if it comes to that yeah definitely. Cannot stand scum like this. I pay everyone I owe on the dot. Never would dream of doing otherwise. 

1 hour ago, forestboy1978 said:

I always wonder though with something like this, the customer can really damage my business with checkatrade, google or facebook review in spite. 

Then there is Defamation. Way easier to prove ;) link us lot to said post on checkatrade and let the emails commence ;) k

• Haha 1

Checkatrade is not all that, i wouldnt worry.

Also, you cannot go onto property and start taking stuff, unless its done in the dead if night.

I have had a similar experience. Long story short, did some horse fencing and two pairs of gates. She refused to pay £300 of the final amount, saying i put the fence in the wrong place amd not in accordance with her plan. I used the plan the daughter gave me.Went to court, they won by lying and blaming her 18year old daughter for giving me the wrong plan. They seemed to know the judge.

Anyway, the pairs of gates mysteriously vanished one night, along with the gate fittings. Not that i took them or anything,  I did hear they sold for more than the £300.

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Checkatrade is not all that, i wouldnt worry.

Also, you cannot go onto property and start taking stuff, unless its done in the dead if night.

I have had a similar experience. Long story short, did some horse fencing and two pairs of gates. She refused to pay £300 of the final amount, saying i put the fence in the wrong place amd not in accordance with her plan. I used the plan the daughter gave me.Went to court, they won by lying and blaming her 18year old daughter for giving me the wrong plan. They seemed to know the judge.

Anyway, the pairs of gates mysteriously vanished one night, along with the gate fittings. Not that i took them or anything,  I did hear they sold for more than the £300.

You can if your terms and conditions state that all materials remain your property until full and final payment of the invoice.

• Like 5