Notre Dame cathedral...

se7enthdevil

43 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Sounds like restoration work gone wrong. The reports say the fire is so severe that the Fire Brigade can't get in there to fight it from within.

Some of the online personalities I follow suspect fowl play..   been a couple of churches burned down of late in France as well as other desecration's..  if I'm not mistaken the area around Notre Dame has a heavy Muslim presence...   

I'll await the the results of any investigation before I pass judgement mind....  

Conservation contractors seem to completely destroy their restoration projects by carelessly burning them down with regularity. I'd guess that trying to combine always having a roll up on the go with having to be in the pub by 3.30 doesn't leave much room for error. ?

• Thanks 1

Conservation contractors seem to completely destroy their restoration projects by carelessly burning them down with regularity. I'd guess that trying to combine always having a roll up on the go with having to be in the pub by 3.30 doesn't leave much room for error. [emoji849]

It's France,
a large percentage of the manual workers are half cut/topped up by 8am.
[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]
  • Like 1

Some of the online personalities I follow suspect fowl play..   been a couple of churches burned down of late in France as well as other desecration's..  if I'm not mistaken the area around Notre Dame has a heavy Muslim presence...   

I'll await the the results of any investigation before I pass judgement mind....  

I’ve heard that said tonight as well but can’t see any truth in it as it would be plastered all over the net with whoever taking responsibility for it. These things happen it doesn’t take much to start a fire with all the building work going on. Could just ya rouge spark from grinding or the plumbers torch its been known before

Steady there forestboy - while there is a significant amount of stone work, there is also a significant amount of wood work in the roof and steeples as well as internally. I would say easily measured in many hundreds of tons in the likes of Notre Dame or any one of the big historic cathedrals around Europe.

Not going to bother going into the conspiracy theories - whatever the cause there was more than enough fuel available for a significant fire!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canal Navvy said:

Conservation contractors seem to completely destroy their restoration projects by carelessly burning them down with regularity. I'd guess that trying to combine always having a roll up on the go with having to be in the pub by 3.30 doesn't leave much room for error. ?

Saw a similar thing up on raasay a few years ago. I was in an accommodation camp built to house the guys building the new cal mac terminal. Cold windy night and the contractors had nearly finished the restoration of raasay house, cause was put down to an electrical fault but once the fire got hold it was done for. Retained firefighters On the island got assistance from the Portree crew who had to be brought from Skye via boats. 

IMG_1033.PNG

IMG_1034.PNG

7 hours ago, Vespasian said:

These Illuminati you follow suspect a chicken started it?

Interesting theory! Strong poultry presence in the area if I’m not mistaken..

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 7
  • Haha 7