Battery/electric vs Petrol

_celia_

Chainsaws In Arboriculture   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Can battery/electric chainsaws replace petrol chainsaws?

• YES
    • NO
    • NOT YET

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/19 at 15:00

2 minutes ago, Ratman said:

My batteries are fading fast!..... emoji849.pngemoji30.pngemoji42.png
Vesp, what does “effeminacy” mean?

It means my spell checker fked me up....      I can just about make out the words from were I'm lay down on the couch so balls ups are part an parcel of my threads..    though I do check here and there to see if that damned spell checker hasn't done me over again....   I could move closer to the monitor, but lying on the couch is much more comfortable, so I ain't moving closer in on a chair...

7 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Its not my opinion you should be taking note of, its experts in the field of thermodynamics...  I'm just passing on his opinions..   and he's a nuclear physicist.

Your friend might live off grid, good for him..  but if its that good why isn't everyone else doing it?...

might I suggest because the economies of scale of a power station is much cheaper than having a micro power station in every house..

Seen as you can't be bothered to read anything that opposes anything you've seen on YouTube I pinched this little snippet from his site.

Usually on a freelance consultancy basis, occasionally acting as UK service technician, representative or technical documentation holder for matters relating to European Certification of equipment (CE marking). 

Do you think people get those jobs if they don't know what they are talking about?

5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Seen as you can't be bothered to read anything that opposes anything you've seen on YouTube I pinched this little snippet from his site.

Usually on a freelance consultancy basis, occasionally acting as UK service technician, representative or technical documentation holder for matters relating to European Certification of equipment (CE marking). 

Do you think people get those jobs if they don't know what they are talking about?

damn you eggs, I had to get off my couch to read that..   

If your friend doesn't work inventing new battery types I can't see what your point is...  he might have something that monitors batteries but its not the same as making breakthroughs in battery technology..

I did try to read your link but lost the will to live within a minute... so gave up...   

2 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

damn you eggs, I had to get off my couch to read that..   

If your friend doesn't work inventing new battery types I can't see what your point is...  he might have something that monitors batteries but its not the same as making breakthroughs in battery technology..

I did try to read your link but lost the will to live within a minute... so gave up...   

Like I said you haven't read it because your mind is closed to anything you haven't seen on YouTube, try doing some proper research. How could someone invent something to monitor state of the art batteries if they don't have a full and proper understanding of them?, Gibo doesn't just design monitoring equipment, he's holds seminars on battery technology. If he's good enough for Tesla he's good enough for me.

• Like 2

It means my spell checker fked me up....      I can just about make out the words from were I'm lay down on the couch so balls ups are part an parcel of my threads..    though I do check here and there to see if that damned spell checker hasn't done me over again....   I could move closer to the monitor, but lying on the couch is much more comfortable, so I ain't moving closer in on a chair...

You’ve painted an image in my head of a lazy fat bastard gardener now!!!

Is this you???!!!IMG_3150.jpg
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Like I said you haven't read it because your mind is closed to anything you haven't seen on YouTube, try doing some proper research. How could someone invent something to monitor state of the art batteries if they don't have a full and proper understanding of them?, Gibo doesn't just design monitoring equipment, he's holds seminars on battery technology. If he's good enough for Tesla he's good enough for me.

still haven't explained what new battery technology he's working on....  how he intends to win a noble prize by breaking the laws of physics...

meanwhile I've just watched thunderfoots latest upload, turns out his latest vid covers a lot of issues we've been talking about..  

12 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

still haven't explained what new battery technology he's working on....  how he intends to win a noble prize by breaking the laws of physics...

meanwhile I've just watched thunderfoots latest upload, turns out his latest vid covers a lot of issues we've been talking about..  

I think you've got a fucking nerve to post a link and expect people to watch it when you can't be bothered to read links other folk post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I think you've got a fucking nerve to post a link and expect people to watch it when you can't be bothered to read links other folk post.

well thunderfoots vid covers topics we've been over were as your mate just runs a battery monitoring business..  

he doesn't mention any science on that page you linked to..  its just a sales pitch for his business...

in fact I'm gonna go back and read that link see if I've missed something relevant to the subject we're talking about..

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

well thunderfoots vid covers topics we've been over were as your mate just runs a battery monitoring business..  

he doesn't mention any science on that page you linked to..  its just a sales pitch for his business...

in fact I'm gonna go back and read that link see if I've missed something relevant to the subject we're talking about..

Firstly, he's not a mate. He invented and supplies battery monitoring equipment, he also advises the battery manufacturing companies on new battery technology. I would think to be able to do this he must know about battery development.