house renovation forum

carlos

... Only because you've bored me to death about it for the last few months...

Only joking, kid, looks a good start, and you're out of the ground.[emoji106]

Only got started on block yesterday, got 60 ish laid, prob laid about 80 ish today. I’ll av slab down by next weekend hopefully, inc my mini break [emoji106]
  • Like 1

cool thanks for all the replies, i will check out those forums, although as i suspected there is a fair bit of knowledge on here,  really exited about the project as have been waiting a good while for it to come together.

i hope it wont need to much work, but id say as i start to poke about it will escalate, 

watched enough grand designs to realize that i am not going to put a time frame on it or a budget!!

we will be in by christmas...just not sure which one! 

thanks carl

20190411_143625[1].jpg

• Like 4

cool thanks for all the replies, i will check out those forums, although as i suspected there is a fair bit of knowledge on here,  really exited about the project as have been waiting a good while for it to come together.
i hope it wont need to much work, but id say as i start to poke about it will escalate, 
watched enough grand designs to realize that i am not going to put a time frame on it or a budget!!
thanks carl
1820330823_20190411_1436251.thumb.jpg.592ac36a1da5531eb59c48e1b2908e1e.jpg

What you planning to do? Come on, pictures, plans, tales.... lets be knowing! [emoji6][emoji6]?

thanks carl
1820330823_20190411_1436251.thumb.jpg.592ac36a1da5531eb59c48e1b2908e1e.jpg

I would seriously think about a budget as we did the same as what your thinking and it’s nearly crippled me and the house is still not finished. Hence why I’m going offshore next month to earn good money and carry on with the trees in the time I’m home
  • Like 1

probably just going to spruce up the main house, and then try and convert the attached shed on the right into a kitchen/diner.

going to move into a mobile onsite  for a bit....

i will keep an eye on the budget and cost the bigger bit of work but the money we have is all there is so its kinda simple that way.

i will try and go second hand with a lot of the stuff too.

thanks carl

• Like 3

probably just going to spruce up the main house, and then try and convert the attached shed on the right into a kitchen/diner.
going to move into a mobile onsite  for a bit....
i will keep an eye on the budget and cost the bigger bit of work but the money we have is all there is so its kinda simple that way.
i will try and go second hand with a lot of the stuff too.
thanks carl

Get plenty pictures posted and your ideas against em, and then whats most cost effective and relevant will be suggested from people that have experienced and done before. Dont be shy! [emoji106]
  • Like 1

Looks a lovely spot and great potential.

Couple of possible problem areas to check out from your pic;

Render on walls looks as if it may be bridging damp proof course.

Gutter downpipe just discharging onto ground?

Flat roof looks very flat - check fall and needs gutter.

Wickes How-to-Guides might be useful depending on your experience level.

https://www.wickes.co.uk/how-to-guides

Good luck - it will take longer than you think but will be worth it in the end.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, carlos said:

There must be a drinking game for that programme where you down your drink every time the wife gets pregnant etc.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, carlos said:

thanks carl

20190411_143625[1].jpg

Roof looks good which is the main thing.

What is that little girl is doing at the bottom left though?