large trees

david wood

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

...so a 380mm tree is Large now ? Either I am getting older or trees are getting smallerer. .. k

In old money cs32 was and still is medium trees the old cs33 was large trees over 750mm and this still does exsist as felling of large tree and crown break down,i agree with you Kriss a tree of 380mm is not that big really, but to some it will be massive, its not that long since some one rang me and said i have a very big pine tree in my garden thats swaying about in the wind and all the earth is moving round the base can you come and take it down, got there looked at it and customer said you wont do it in a day as some one else had said day and a half, it was under 12" and about 20-25ft tall, 2 hrs done and 2 brews as well. photo below is a big tree saw is 461 25" bar stump 52" across,

20190117_150544.jpg

• Like 2

...did a 100' plus wellingtonia with Stihl 036, abt 5 foot across at felling height, Big tree fell on old tickets, but if I had used 066 with 48" bar , it would have fitted in my Small Tree ticket ( which is all I have *hehe*) k

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Those are the jobs that make this game worthwhile Spud ;) k

your not wrong there Khriss on a job at the moment with some big beech in it and there is one or big lumps in there, 1 cubed up to 12 cube and will hit the deck with one hell of a crash, and i love it, 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
So i am heading off soon on large trees felling course, few minor issues....

too old/fat/knackered/dodgy knee/ dodgy neck / knackered back / knackered knee

other than that i am am ready for it!

heading to invershin with a donald mclean for instructor, never had him before so am after any advice

well other than retire now.....

Which area you are at? I need to do the ticket too very soon. I'm in Bridgewater.
Cheers

On 21/05/2019 at 20:21, Roby said:

Which area you are at? I need to do the ticket too very soon. I'm in Bridgewater.
Cheers

Sorry totally forgot to reply to this. am in aberdeenshire in scotland so totally out of way for you.

best advice for course is practise and more practise at hinge thickness and depth from bottom of gob, practise bore cuts and be relaxed with them.

check and triple check winch and gear - dont turn up like some of guys with mismatch winch and strops, be familiar with strops and load angles.

all things i found on course, different trainers will have own individual things but that covers a fair bit.

if you have done old medium trees in cs numbers its not a million miles different, just fussier i reckon.