Mk6 Transit indicator

eggsarascal

I'd like to tap your brains Ratman - recently I had to get a new diesel pump and EGR on my Mk6 Transit, I don't want to say what I paid the garage, suffice to say its given me more impetus to learn mechanics, anyway when I got it back it sometimes flashes on the immob red led, I know these will do that to display that a fault code is logged, theres youtube vids to show how to read the fault from the flashes, what I'm asking you is as a home mechanic if you wanted to get serious what gear would you buy to do all the electronics at home I'm thinking IDS, Bosch KTS 650 etc. I know a virginised pump doesnt need diag, but I'm asking what gear could I buy to not only read , but clear codes in my Ford and would it need another box for Iveco daily, also what subscriptions and costs or not necessary?
thanks

You can buy a basic code reader for £30 off flea bay, it will really only give you P codes which is sometimes enough. If you wanted a diag machine (hand held) to read live data and give a bit more input and more functions to delete etc then a couple hundred upwards. For all singing all dancing you can be in to thousands [emoji15][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389] we have texa at work so i just have use of that. Cant really advise cos youd really need to pick one up and play with it, some formats are very complex and blow your mind.... some are basic and easy to get along with. I’m a hgv mechanic so my car knowledge is limited really. Same principals but worlds apart.

Regards your transit, possibly something like this? :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-Ford-Transit-OBD-Diagnostic-Scanner-Tool-USB-Code-Reader-Interface-Cable-/223480957816

Regards iveco :-

https://www.scantool-direct.co.uk/maxiecu-iveco-pc-based-diagnostic-system.html

Never used them personally but if they do what they say in the descriptions then its not a lot of outlay. ?‍♂️
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to tap your brains Ratman - recently I had to get a new diesel pump and EGR on my Mk6 Transit, I don't want to say what I paid the garage, suffice to say its given me more impetus to learn mechanics, anyway when I got it back it sometimes flashes on the immob red led, I know these will do that to display that a fault code is logged, theres youtube vids to show how to read the fault from the flashes, what I'm asking you is as a home mechanic if you wanted to get serious what gear would you buy to do all the electronics at home I'm thinking IDS, Bosch KTS 650 etc. I know a virginised pump doesnt need diag, but I'm asking what gear could I buy to not only read , but clear codes in my Ford and would it need another box for Iveco daily, also what subscriptions and costs or not necessary?
thanks

Hi, I was having problems with a MK6 2.4 TDDI 2005 with no engine management light showing so bought software and cable from eBay £15.00. Used it today and it brought up fuel pump timing solenoid faults which it did let me clear, it also live streams injector data.

I tried it on a transit connect first and connected no problem.

Providing you have a laptop it’s well worth £15.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-Ford-Transit-OBD-Diagnostic-Scanner-Tool-USB-Code-Reader-Interface-Cable/223480957816?hash=item340880cb78:g:NY8AAOSwKrhVZH9P
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1