Mk6 Transit indicator

eggsarascal

Re: indicators.

mine have given bother a few times.

had to replace hazard switch once or twice.

last time they acted up with one side coming on by itself, turned out to be a diode. Took a lot of trial and error to find.

37 minutes ago, s o c said:

last time they acted up with one side coming on by itself, turned out to be a diode. Took a lot of trial and error to find.

Out of interest where was the diode?

• Like 1

Eggs my 2002 MK6 Transhit (2.4 TDDI) tipper has nearside winker problems at the moment,  it will be fine indicating right but if i indicate  left it usually blows a fuse above the passenger side glove box and  sometimes the fuse located next to the steering column directly above the brake pedal (which gives the indicator confirmation flashes when you double lock the van with the remote fob).  I am going to go thru tthe electrics today inna bid to fix it.  It has toasted 2 indicator relays so far so i need to fix this as everyone tinks i'm a BMW driver as i don't indicate anymore!

1 hour ago, s o c said:

interesting,  is the diode in  the fuse box above the glove box?

39 minutes ago, wicklamulla said:

Eggs my 2002 MK6 Transhit (2.4 TDDI) tipper has nearside winker problems at the moment,  it will be fine indicating right but if i indicate  left it usually blows a fuse above the passenger side glove box and  sometimes the fuse located next to the steering column directly above the brake pedal (which gives the indicator confirmation flashes when you double lock the van with the remote fob).  I am going to go thru tthe electrics today inna bid to fix it.  It has toasted 2 indicator relays so far so i need to fix this as everyone tinks i'm a BMW driver as i don't indicate anymore!

Vehicle electrics are the work of the devil, Ken.

Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, s o c said:

A diode is like a non return valve for current 

i think it’s in the box out front but could be wrong.

looks like a small fuse.

would check but van is 20 miles away 

Thanks.

Are they similar to the diodes in the picture below?, these are Briggs and Stratton Vtwin ignition diodes.

IMG_1681.JPG

53 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Just a thought, Ken, I presume you've got a tow bar/electrics fitted on your tipper?, if so disconnect it and try the indicators again. I had one on another transit and that caused problems with the indicators.

will give it a go,  tank yew.