Matthew Norman

Leathercrafting

I've recently become interested in bespoke, made-to-order leathercrafting and have made a few items to date. I'm finding myself drawn to the more hard-wearing, robust stuff such as bushcraft, EDC and outdoors pursuit stuff. I recently made these 1oz pouches and wondered if you think they would make suitable storage for things such as fire starting kits, first aid kits, survival tins... or even just for holding your rolling baccy and whatnot. They come with a belt plate on the back which allows the pouch to be worn horizontally or vertically. I'd love to hear your feedback on them. I'm hoping to set up an online shop soon, but for now I'm putting feelers out on here and FB / Instagram. Thanks for your time.

IMG_20190405_105617_070.jpg

IMG_20190405_105617_075.jpg

IMG_20190405_105617_079.jpg

Classy looking . I don't think you can get the old Husqvarna leather felling wedge pouches any more , they are plastic now . Maybe make some for wedges ?

Have you looked into traditional archery accessories. Seems there are quite a few longbow archers around south wales

6 hours ago, teepeeat said:

Have you looked into traditional archery accessories. Seems there are quite a few longbow archers around south wales

Is trouble-a-brewing ? 🙂

• Like 1

mmmm, was the minor issue of me nipping over the border & pinching one of their women, but as she has been sent back, would have thought not.........

Perhaps brexit related, what with Macron banging on, but we dont want to start another thread on that topic 🙂

I’m not sure I need a survival tin on the Surrey Sussex borders and I gave up smoking years ago so the baccy tin is long redundant.. A good sturdy leather roll pouch for framing chisels would be very smart though

On 13/04/2019 at 17:23, Stubby said:

Classy looking . I don't think you can get the old Husqvarna leather felling wedge pouches any more , they are plastic now . Maybe make some for wedges ?

Thanks, Stubby. That's an idea for me to look into. 

On 13/04/2019 at 18:08, Steve Bullman said:

Let’s see the clip please 

HI Steve. Do you mean the belt loop / plate on the pouch?  Sorry, I no longer have any of these pouches left at the moment for me to take a photo of. If I make up any more I'll be sure to post a photo here. 

On 13/04/2019 at 21:04, billpierce said:

Secateur pouches look good!

Thanks, Bill. I've had no complaints so far! :D

On 14/04/2019 at 00:55, teepeeat said:

I've not, but that's an avenue for me to look into. Thanks for the info.

On 14/04/2019 at 18:43, lux said:

I’m not sure I need a survival tin on the Surrey Sussex borders and I gave up smoking years ago so the baccy tin is long redundant.. A good sturdy leather roll pouch for framing chisels would be very smart though emoji106.png

All I'd need are the sizes of the chisels and I may be able to help you out...